What’s your favorite new feature of the III?

Here’s what I feel is making a real difference for me:
  1. Onboard UX and navigation
  2. Additional ins and outs
  3. Amp block improvements
  4. Trichorus
I’ve started experimenting with many more “out there” sounds so I’m really starting to appreciate the increased CPU as well as having more instances of a number of blocks like drives and delays.

It just sounds better!

That is the bottom line, what does that mean but not limited to:

Lower noise floor, more punch, better dynamics, ability to mix four cabs, better reverbs, chorus, and delays.

The factory presets are incredible.

Hard to believe it sounds better than the already awesome Axe-FX II, but it does in a big way.

I like and agree with most of the responses. However, the "MIDI Block", even though I haven't used it yet seems like it holds some very exciting possibilities of extending out to other devices.

Really looking forward to experimenting with this block.

So far pretty much everything, highest peaks being cpu, seamless scene change, 4 drive block and channels (especially in the output block!).
The only downside I can think of is the lack of communication with the mfc via faslink1.. maybe it will be implemented sooner or later?

Alright, all amazing features. I was really happy with my II xl + and also, knew there were some improvements that could be made - More flexibl I/O, more CPU, scene gap, and so on. I feel that the III has delivered on all of the II’s weaknesses. So, where in the world do we go from here!? Sure, amp/cab modeling will get better and even more realistic. The FC will definitely be step forward. I can’t imagine what’s next but, certainly looking forward to whatever it is FAS come up with. I’m pretty sure it will be inspiring ;)

It just sounds better!

That is the bottom line, what does that mean but not limited to:

Lower noise floor, more punch, better dynamics, ability to mix four cabs, better reverbs, chorus, and delays.

The factory presets are incredible.

Hard to believe it sounds better than the already awesome Axe-FX II, but it does in a big way.

It’s really hard to quantify it perfectly but it DOES sound and feel better. I spent hours on a Marshall SLP patch I slapped together last week with a PRS and I was stunned at the very obvious string separation. In fact I preferred to NOT have a Drive block.

And I have a Timmons patch I got somewhere that has two Fenders in parallal (I forget which ones right now) that with a Tele just is insanely fun.

Some of this is anticipatory or only partly-informed, but still....
1. Channels
2. Amp & Cab Enhancements
3. The FC-12's form-factor and flexibility
4. Trichorus
5. More Inputs/Outputs for Pedals In Loops
6. More CPU for Complex Presets
7. Front-Panel UI Ease-of-Use

...more or less in that order.

Sure, forum-members will keep proposing WISH items and ideas on how to improve the thing. But seriously: I think we all have to acknowledge, as we stack up all the order-of-magnitude improvements introduced in the III, that Cliff & Co. really knocked it out of the park.

Back
Top Bottom