What’s your favorite new feature of the III?

Pettymusic

Inspired
Mine is the new CAB block. I hadn’t paid much attention to that feature since I was so excited about having the channels feature.

Today I was importing and listening to some OH IR’s ( the 70 Mesa cab) I decided I would play with mixing a few classic cab/mic combos and when with slot 1: 57 mic, slot 2: r121 & slot 3: 421? I think, anyway, yeah! InstaTone

Yeah, it is pretty hard to choose one. All the mentioned features here are amazing to have.

Gregmang - I hadn’t thought about that. That’s a great idea. We literally have an 8 channel “amp” and the “amp” can be any amp you could ever want!

Yeah, it is pretty hard to choose one. All the mentioned features here are amazing to have.

Gregmang - I hadn’t thought about that. That’s a great idea. We literally have an 8 channel “amp” and the “amp” can be any amp you could ever want!

Ya man. Add another amp block and you can conceivably have eight different amps on 2 sets of 4 channels all on 8 scenes.

In effect eight amps on the same preset - one or more for each scene.

There's so much cool stuff that it's hard to pick one, but gotta go with Yek on this.......CPU !!! That's what I always wished for when using the II, was to be able to use what ever you wanted in high quality, including two amps, and not hit the limit!!

It's between three things for me.

1. CPU - my previous presets on 2 XL were all hovering around 90% and that is without high quality reverb and amps. Now functionally similar presets with everything at it's highest is around 60. USB reamping is so much more convenient than spdif which I did before.

2. Display - I do not care about, nor was i a person that wanted a big color display, however, this combined with interface changes makes it so I can easily dial in and change presets without axe edit (or computer). On my 2XL I never touched the panel because it's was so non-user friendly. With my 3 I use the panel constantly after presets had initially been setup in axe edit.

3. inputs and outputs, so convenient.

CPU headroom. More room to imagine. Constant battle on the XL+, If i could just add that one more block without spiking the cpu into static land. I pushed many a preset to 94%

Back
Top Bottom