What’s the number one most impactful control in the Fractal family?

mikeyg

Experienced
I’m beginning to think that input trim is the most important control in the box (or pedal). It’s really important to get the saturation and high end just right

Let’s set IR choice aside, since that’s a no-brainer.

What’s your go to secret weapon?

Not sure how much "real" impact my choice has, but I love switching the tubes in the amps/preamps! I have spent probably a total of 2 hours or so playing with that feature, while looking up the different tubes!! And as a bonus, I have not burned my hands once or broken any tubes while hot!!!

I really like the Variac, more often for raising the voltage than lowering it. There are a lot of great parameter controls. But, most of them work best by balancing changes that move in one tonal direction with others that move to the opposing tonal direction. The Variac control does pretty well on it's own. Which surprises me. There is no visible indication that the tube bias is scaled with the voltage. But, maybe? Anyway, the Variac control is always worth turning and listening for a change you might like. I have ranged from 75-150%

I don’t think there is one and for me that’s the point. These Fractal devices are incredibly complex and so much thought and effort goes into among them what they are. If there was one magic thing it could be easily duplicated. It’s all these complex pieces working together.

Back
Top Bottom