What’s a good FRFR solution I get get relatively quickly?

im in the same boat. asked to cancel March 3rd but he said it was too late to cancel. begged him to get it out to me by the end of that week. so that was 11 days ago still nothing. Sucks. have not experienced "mick is super great to work with - amazing customer service!"
Yeah, sometimes I have to email him twice to get a response. I’ve heard his speakers are amazing, but I’m not having a good experience with him so far.
FWIW Xitone makes an incredible product, and Micks a great person/company
Yeah, I’ve heard they’re great, but I’m not having a good experience with this order unfortunately. I just want my money back at this point.

oh well. my bad-ass-edry will boldly blast through either high end speaker A or high end speaker X. side note i found a mimiq mini doubler for $40 on reverb and that came yesterday and i wired it in like Ken Andrews -- and its the truth

FWIW, as a business owner myself - I always give refunds on request no matter the circumstances, because I'd MUCH rather issue a refund than deal with a chargeback from the credit card company. If you paid with a credit card, you have a lot of power.

I use the xitone wedge and xitone mbritt cab in stereo.
Killer sound!
Also use my yamaha hs8 monitors but now mainly the xitone.
Love mine!

Atomic is just days away from shipping from inventory. For those who get on the list between now and then, the $100 discount for being on the list will still apply.

I feel bad for the folks who's name came up at a bad time. As is mentioned in the invitation to purchase, please let us know and we'll do our best to honor the offer when timing is better for you.

FWIW Tom is an incredible CEO himself. The man emailed me at 10pm to assure me my order was shipped when no tracking appeared by the fourth night of after shipment*

Whenever I think of FRFR, I literally am triggered synonymously to say or think CLR....maybe it’s the initials and the R , maybe it’s the amazing quality , whatever the case, Atomic is premier

*[turned out he shipped exactly as he said, UPS lost it momentarily and damaged the box severely, to the point I was dreading an exchange merry go round, but I was lucky and Atomic knows how to ship so .... ]

im in the same boat. asked to cancel March 3rd but he said it was too late to cancel. begged him to get it out to me by the end of that week. so that was 11 days ago still nothing. Sucks. have not experienced "mick is super great to work with - amazing customer service!"

i bought a Yamaha DXR10 while I was the Xitone waitlist. The DXR10 is LOUD and great for the price (used). I was totally content and happy with it. And the Xitone came and is in its own class. Yeah, you’re upset but the difference is worth the wait.

I just wanted to say I finally got my xitone wedge last week and it was definitely worth the wait. It’s built like a tank and sounds incredible even at lower volumes. I like how it has the 5 different DSP modes, and I really like the the one option to use it like a traditional power amp and a guitar cab to get “amp in the room” tones. Does the CLR have something like that?

Wish my customer service experience was a little better but oh well, I have it now.

Reactions: ESW
Xitone has a lot of versatility and it sounds big and growls ... it does color the tone as a result of the DSP profiles and construction but that’s not a bad thing if you want a cab that’s really sounds like an amp....it just won’t be as true as a tone in your axe , where you might want to actually make a scene per preset to better match the Xitone

the CLR sounds like my $1500 near field monitors

I just wanted to say I finally got my xitone wedge last week and it was definitely worth the wait. It’s built like a tank and sounds incredible even at lower volumes. I like how it has the 5 different DSP modes, and I really like the the one option to use it like a traditional power amp and a guitar cab to get “amp in the room” tones. Does the CLR have something like that?

Wish my customer service experience was a little better but oh well, I have it now.

i havent messed with anything but FLAT DSP mode so far. tell me about how you are using the other ones

I have to disagree completely in relative price because it’s the same as saying the M Audio BX8a monitors I sold and upgraded to the Adam A7 are negligibly different or fixed in some price to value ratio . I mean I hear the head rush are very good cheap Monitors, just like the BX8a .... they do the job and they are great but they are just that . Cheap solutions

You really notice the difference of the clarity and true FRFR when it comes at loud volumes. Like the Xitone is $900 and it’s definitely close in terms of quality to the CLR but it wouldn’t be considered true FRFR when you hear it next to a monitor or the CLR

the CLR sounds like a monitor but it’s really an amp , it’s the one piece of amplification that I consider necessary for the axe and incomparable (unless you pay upwards of $3-3k)

i havent messed with anything but FLAT DSP mode so far. tell me about how you are using the other ones
I’m using DSP mode 5, which is the raw 12” speaker without the tweeter, so it’s the same as us using a power amp and a real guitar cab, meaning you get amp in the room tones if you disable the axe’s power amp and cab sims.

This is from another site about the DSP modes:

“A 5-position DSP Mode switch offers, Mode 1: FRFR; Mode 2: FRFR with 2dB bump at 500kHz for slight mid boost; Mode 3: FRFR with tweeter –2.5dB at 5kHz; Mode 4: LRFR (limited-range, flat-response) with only the 12” speaker engaged; Mode 5: 12” speaker raw (more like a traditional guitar cab)”
I have to disagree completely in relative price because it’s the same as saying the M Audio BX8a monitors I sold and upgraded to the Adam A7 are negligibly different or fixed in some price to value ratio . I mean I hear the head rush are very good cheap Monitors, just like the BX8a .... they do the job and they are great but they are just that . Cheap solutions

You really notice the difference of the clarity and true FRFR when it comes at loud volumes. Like the Xitone is $900 and it’s definitely close in terms of quality to the CLR but it wouldn’t be considered true FRFR when you hear it next to a monitor or the CLR

the CLR sounds like a monitor but it’s really an amp , it’s the one piece of amplification that I consider necessary for the axe and incomparable (unless you pay upwards of $3-3k)
The xitone has an FRFR mode though just like the CLR, plus 4 other modes which make it more flexible than the CLR. Plus most people say the xitone is built better and is cheaper.

I owned both. The CLR is unequivocally superior. The Xitone is a nice offering, and it technically may exhibit FRFR, but in actual practice it is not FRFR in the least. The CLR is like a super large and loud monitor : TRuE FRFR - no comparison

if your looking for versatility in amplification and you play more Than one instrument, the Xitone might actually have More value in that respect , sure

however if you want your axe 3 preset to be amplified very loudly without any loss of fidelity, well my friend the only monitor I have heard do that for under $5k is the CLR
(But that’s not cheap and he wants a cheap FRFR , which is the head rush )

Back
Top Bottom