What’s a good FRFR solution I get get relatively quickly?

It’s not even about That honestly , And I hope that is clear to the OP- THE POINT is to ask about affordable FRFR

The best and only gold line standard is the CLR, everything else has some positive things and is cheaper , but the CLR is always going to be what others compare it to

that’s all, buy what you want or can afford, but don’t lie to yourself at the same time (or lie to others )

Your opinion like all opinions is subjective. What is true for you is not necessarily true for others. We get it. You love your CLR. Move on.

It’s not an opinion . It’s a fact. Anyone who has heard both knows it. Now you know it. Like I said, it’s one thing to lie to yourself about something, but to mislead others on a forum for general information is not OK.... so I’m being honest
Headrush is a great cab apparently, Xitone is awesome from my experience and others, but that has nothing to Do with true FRFR

TRUE FRFR = CLR
thats it, its not my opinion, i couldnt care less about brands and shit at this point
i will say, though, to anyone who wanted to know , the fact/truth is the CLR sounds like a MONITOR
The Xitone sounds and feels like a cab, as if you had a powered Mesa cab or something

So if you have the money get a CLR, and if you dont, get a Headrush or Xitone, whatever man, I’m here to inform, not to lie to myself to feel better about the stuff I own

Like I settled for a Xitone, I had a Flat FRFR response curve in my search, and I went so far as to lie to myself to....when my name came on the waiting list, and my third CLR arrived, I remembered the truth

idk why everyone is so hung up, this is FAS, we all know you get what you pay for in this industry

I’m not advocating any specific solution. There are many brands that can reproduce a true FRFR sound. I’m not lying to myself or attempting to mislead anyone. I don’t know where you got that from any statement made by me.

My objection is your insistence that your subjective opinion is fact and that there is no room any other opinion than yours.

Ok I dont mean there is no other option or opinion or room for development or anything, thats not what i was suggesting
Having had both, I think both are awesome, and I do think Xitone is amazing. What my point was about hi-fi, as close to 100% accurate transmission as possible, and what the CLR system does with that, but of course to each their own, and you like whatever you like

Its not a problem in the least, diversity is what makes it all interesting

(PS FWIW, i wish The heat sink hiss was lower, but nothing is perfect and i dont expect the CLR to be erither...also i wish the CLR felt has rugged as the Xitone, but its fine, i dont plan on throwing it]

Why not just buy an actual powered monitor for way less then? Or does it have to look like a regular cab for sanity's sake?

Have you guys a/b'd the clr/etc with comparitively priced pro audio powered monitors?

I have no horse in this race - i have a powercab+ for playing and CR4's for recording. I would like to compare the powercab to other wedge monitors to get a feel for the differences.

Why not just buy an actual powered monitor for way less then? Or does it have to look like a regular cab for sanity's sake?

Have you guys a/b'd the clr/etc with comparitively priced pro audio powered monitors?

I have no horse in this race - i have a powercab+ for playing and CR4's for recording. I would like to compare the powercab to other wedge monitors to get a feel for the differences.
fwiw head rush is cheap and well received by users as well man

I have a Atomic CLR active cab.....sounds great...when it works properly!

It has intermittent 'dropouts' and is very bloody annoying. To be fair to Tom, I sent the module to USA from New Zealand and they sent it back saying the module was fine so no problem with their support service, even though the problem still exists. I can only assume it's the horn driver that's the problem since it's the top end that drops out.

The thing I find annoying about 'Atomic' as a company is their inability to provide their product on any mass scale. I'd love to get a couple of the Neo MkII's but the waiting list has been bloody ridiculous, especially for anyone outside the USA. They must have lost a ton of sales from all over the world.

So whilst their products are great, their business model sucks big time! Consequently, part of the answer to the title of this thread is; forget about Atomic.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom