Wha setting problem with MFC-101. Please help...

Max Haze

Inspired
I just bought the MFC-101 and my problem is that when I use the wha block with my mission expression pedal everything happens just after the toe position. So if I turn the pedal all the way down to the toe position then the sound is dark. But then when I move the pedal forward it goes over to the bright sound almost right away. So if I move the pedal in the middle position not going all the way back to the toe position it is almost now effect on the sound. So is there a way to adjust the Q setting in the wha block or could it be something else that is not set right. I have calibrated the pedal and when I use the pedal on a volume block it sounds like it is right. It's an even sweep when using it for volume. This is driving me crazy...

I'm not much of a wha guy, but I'll try to assist. Have you tried the different wha's? Some are more subte than others. Theee is a "Control" feature which you can link to a specific external input, and you can modify its slope which might widen the range of effected sound. Also a Q control on the second page of parameters that might help. Others that are wha guys will likely chime in shortly. Good luck! Lee

@Max Haze forgive me if this seems like a stupid answer, but have you tried plugging the expression pedal directly into the expression pedal jack on the axe-fx as opposed to running it through the MFC?

@Max Haze forgive me if this seems like a stupid answer, but have you tried plugging the expression pedal directly into the expression pedal jack on the axe-fx as opposed to running it through the MFC?
That is actually not a bad idea. Not that I want to use it that way but it would be interesting to try it out and see how it works and then compare it to when having it in the MFC-101. Thanks for the tip...

I'm not much of a wha guy, but I'll try to assist. Have you tried the different wha's? Some are more subte than others. Theee is a "Control" feature which you can link to a specific external input, and you can modify its slope which might widen the range of effected sound. Also a Q control on the second page of parameters that might help. Others that are wha guys will likely chime in shortly. Good luck! Lee

I have tried all the Wha and they all act the same. I am using the "Control" to set the pedal. I was playing around and was modifying its slope yesterday but I didn't get much out of that.
Where can I find the Q control on the second page of parameters? Is it called that in the Axe Fx?

Sounds like the modifier curve is wrong. Post a picture of the modifier screen.

Also, did you calibrate the pedal in the MFC?

Can you post the preset?

Does the modifier dot move steadily throughout the pedal's range?

What are the wah bypass modifier settings? It sounds like it could be bypassing above a certain pedal value.

It appeared that the dot in the modifier graphic wasn't moving smoothly through its range. If that's the case, then your pedal has a nonlinear sweep. That would cause the problem you're experiencing.

Also, are you using Mission's expression pedal or their volume pedal?

I have tried all the Wha and they all act the same. I am using the "Control" to set the pedal. I was playing around and was modifying its slope yesterday but I didn't get much out of that.
Where can I find the Q control on the second page of parameters? Is it called that in the Axe Fx?

Just saw your question. Its called "Q tracking", but as I'd mentioned, I don't use the wha's very often, and I'd bet money that Rex has already nailed the issue. Best.

Well... Nothing appeared off to me as far as the settings.

You could sort of great Rex's idea by using the calibration:

instead of moving the pedal to toe down for the maximum value, try moving it to about half way and see what the data value is. It should be about 64 (half way between 0-127). Optionally, just move the pedal slowly from heel down to toe down and note when it gets to 127.

By the way, that has got to be the most well produced video I've ever seen to demo a problem :)

Yes finally. It was the switch under the pedal on the misson pedal. I have soldered the other pedal because it dosen't have the switch. So now I just got to figure out how it was from the beginning. Thanks Jens Dettmer for the help. So when changing the polarity switch on the mission pedal it all sounds good. Thanks guys for all the help...

photo.php

Back
Top Bottom