Wha engaging itself......

blackmoreguitar

Experienced
I recently upgraded my MFC to the latest firmware, so I could have my scenes on row one and presets on row 2. All is working fine except that when I boot the Axe/MFC up to my go to patch which contains a wha, the wha is engaged, and I have a short moment of panic as to why it sounds so horribly bright.

The wha is connected to exp 2. It is set up to engage by position and be off at 95%, toe down position. The setting on the MFC is BegPedal, so I am thinking that if I boot up with the pedal fully depressed then the wha should not be engaged.

The pedal appears to be calibrated OK.

Moving the pedal back and forth fixes things and this isn't a huge problem, but it is quite annoying.

Can anyone help please with what may be causing this.

Cheers

Tom

Go to the I/O menu, MIDI page and set the Initial Value settings for your external controllers to 100% (toe down) instead of the default of 0% (heel down). When you first power up, the Axe uses this default setting until it receives a CC message from the MFC which happens when you move the pedal or change presets.

Go to the I/O menu, MIDI page and set the Initial Value settings for your external controllers to 100% (toe down) instead of the default of 0% (heel down). When you first power up, the Axe uses this default setting until it receives a CC message from the MFC which happens when you move the pedal or change presets.

Thanks for the reply mr fender. 'Problem' seems intermittent, no problem today so I will see how it goes!

I recently upgraded my MFC to the latest firmware, so I could have my scenes on row one and presets on row 2. All is working fine except that when I boot the Axe/MFC up to my go to patch which contains a wha, the wha is engaged, and I have a short moment of panic as to why it sounds so horribly bright.

The wha is connected to exp 2. It is set up to engage by position and be off at 95%, toe down position. The setting on the MFC is BegPedal, so I am thinking that if I boot up with the pedal fully depressed then the wha should not be engaged.

The pedal appears to be calibrated OK.

Moving the pedal back and forth fixes things and this isn't a huge problem, but it is quite annoying.

Can anyone help please with what may be causing this.

Cheers

Tom
Weird, I use a mission SP-1 with the toe switch. The WAH is connected to EXT 1 and the switch is setup to control the IA of the WAH block. None of my scenes have the WAH block on, but yet the block intermittently turns itself on when I change presets or power up the Axe FX XL. Usually I can recall any scene and since the wah is never turned on for my scenes, it's gone then. Very strange bug! Makes me definitely sound like I don't know what I'm doing on stage. :mad:

Weird, I use a mission SP-1 with the toe switch. The WAH is connected to EXT 1 and the switch is setup to control the IA of the WAH block. None of my scenes have the WAH block on, but yet the block intermittently turns itself on when I change presets or power up the Axe FX XL. Usually I can recall any scene and since the wah is never turned on for my scenes, it's gone then. Very strange bug! Makes me definitely sound like I don't know what I'm doing on stage. :mad:
is Auto-Engage turned on in any of your presets?

Back
Top Bottom