wha and volume with the same pedal FAS EV1 (no toe switch)

Marco Fanton

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
This is a solution I found to handle wha and volume with same pedal in a different scene
I use M-plex
Channel A - Row 2 (wha)
Channel B - Row 3 (Volume)
when you change the scene you can select M-Plex channel you want

in the third image I select off value for wha at 95%
In this way you can keep volume pedal at maximum, when you select sense with wha it start only if you push down the pedal.
With off value to zero you have problem when the volume is selected because it start from zero.

My English is bad but you should understand :D

Schermata 2019-01-16 alle 23.32.39.png

Schermata 2019-01-16 alle 23.32.18.png

Schermata 2019-01-16 alle 23.32.57.png

You can actually use the Channels in the blocks themselves now. I used a multiplexer until I discovered I didnt need it. I now have wah, whammy, formant, and 2 volume swell blocks, all set up just by using the channels within the blocks themselves.

You can actually use the Channels in the blocks themselves now. I used a multiplexer until I discovered I didnt need it. I now have wah, whammy, formant, and 2 volume swell blocks, all set up just by using the channels within the blocks themselves.
You'll give up auto-on for all but the one channel on each block if you do it this way. Worth noting. The MUX approach would allow you to have 4 different wah voicing options as well. Many ways to skin the cat here...so to speak.

You'll give up auto-on for all but the one channel on each block if you do it this way. Worth noting. The MUX approach would allow you to have 4 different wah voicing options as well. Many ways to skin the cat here...so to speak.

Yup thats what I love about this unit!

So you put in parallel and activate them using level control I assume
When one is selected, others are in the channel wit level to zero, correct?

Hopefully Matt will implement my suggestion for dynamically assignable External controllers on the FCs soon. Then you can just tap a button to (re)assign the pedal.

I did this with my Gordius... Super handy!

I hear the gapless switching for DRIVE & AMP utilizing the MUX, but is there any benefit to using MUX for effects other than switching external control? I have to dedicate a scene to my single expression pedal. One scene for VOL, another for ROTARY, toe switch for WAH. I don't use a scene for whammy, but the pedal controls pitch after I stomp the effect on. I just have to be on a scene that doesn't use VOL control.

I hear the gapless switching for DRIVE & AMP utilizing the MUX, but is there any benefit to using MUX for effects other than switching external control? I have to dedicate a scene to my single expression pedal. One scene for VOL, another for ROTARY, toe switch for WAH. I don't use a scene for whammy, but the pedal controls pitch after I stomp the effect on. I just have to be on a scene that doesn't use VOL control.

If you don't change the Drive and Amp channels you don't hear the audio gap

Back
Top Bottom