We've come a long way since 1968!

Narzugon

Power User
Recently M@ replied to a thread with this:

"The assignment of EXTERNAL X as the SOURCE of a modifier on the CONTROL parameter of the wah is PER PRESET and needs to be STORED."

For some reason my mind instantly thought of this Clapton interview:

PS: Great tone!

Thanks - I'd originally seen that interview in a TV documentary series called "all you need is love" in the mid seventies but it's gotta be 30 years since I saw it last.

To me this clip actually demonstrates how little technology does for us cuz to the tone he has in that clip is absolutely killer including the wah bit. I could probably tweak for days in 2013 to approach getting close to that tone was 45 years ago.

Just goes to show you technology can't replace what's coming from someone's hands and mind. I'm sure Clapton could play through the crappiest practice amp available and still make an awesome noise.

The other interesting thing here is that it takes all our latest technology to chase a vintage tone like that and we still come up short though the AxeFx exceptionally can come very close. I'm not sure what he's playing through exactly (Vox + distortion some pedal maybe?), but interestingly, it sounded soo good back then that we go through a lot of hoops to capture it in modelling or even in modern tube amps designs (to be fair though we're trying to do it through reliable equipment that can be played at low volume levels - not all that possible back then).

Great stuff.

To me this clip actually demonstrates how little technology does for us cuz to the tone he has in that clip is absolutely killer including the wah bit. I could probably tweak for days in 2013 to approach getting close to that tone was 45 years ago.

Just goes to show you technology can't replace what's coming from someone's hands and mind. I'm sure Clapton could play through the crappiest practice amp available and still make an awesome noise.

All true sprint... except the key for me is that I can now get this from a 2u rack hooked directly up to desk / PA / monitors - no amps, cabs or mics needed... that is what has changed and makes things easier for me
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom