Wet Dry Wet Setup

denrad

Hi all,

What would be the best way to obtain a Wet Dry Wet Setup with the Axe FX II (a la EVH, Lukather - in his rack days etc).

I'd obviously go through the Axe FX for the stereo effects (Wet, Wet), but I'm wondering how to obtain the dry output for the power amp?

I've got 2 stereo power amps I can feed.

I'd appreciate the help!

Well for mega giggles you could go wet dry dry wet with 4 cabs and and two stereo amps.

Use the FX Loop Block before your effects blocks to output a dry signal to your centre cab(s) from output 2. Your wet signal comes from output 1. Effects should be at 100% mix or near it.

The FX Loop block feeds Output 2.

So one way is to use Out 1 L/R for wet and either of Out 2 L or R for dry.

Build a mono chain of blocks then add stereo efx post amp.

Spilt the signal after the cab to feed the dry output.

amp -> mono cab \-> stereo delay -> stereo reverb -> Out 1 L/R Wet
_______________\-> FX Loop -------------------------> Out 2 Dry (either L or R doesn't matter)

I ran a triamp setup for over a decade, I see no purpose with the Axe. We did it to maintain a pure analog signal to FOH, given the Axe is all digital it's pointless. Simply reduce the % of effects to the same end with a lot less wire and hassle. I have a third CLR as a backup, I tried it, pointless IMO.

I run a wet/dry/wet setup with mine.

I use 2 Xitone Wedges powered by a Carvin DCM1540L for the (stereo wet) running out of output1. This is using cab sim's also

I use a 2x12 guitar cabinet powered by a Carvin TS100 for the main (dry) sound out of output 2 (fx loop) No cab sim

I have it set using two amp models, one for the dry and one for the wet and I use an EQ inline on the wet cabs and mix in a tiny bit of the dry signal with it.

It sounds incredible! I had everything hooked up to my 5153 head using a line out of the head to the axe for a w/d/w rig but using the amp sims and routing in the Axe sounded better!

Back
Top Bottom