wet-dry-wet: modulation fx-volume too low...

rudomat

Inspired
my question: i´m running a wet-dry-wet rig...the amps´ lineout feeds the axe fx, which then goes to a matrix power amp and to two speaker cabs...now delay and reverb is is on nearly all of the time...when i want to add some modulation effect in front of the rev/del, the mod.fxs´ volume is much to low at 0dB...now i can of course raise the volume of this block up to 20dB, but this of course has influence on the following rev and del fx...what could i do here?

of course my rev and del is set to 100% wet, which means that the mod.fx will only modulate the 100% wet fx-signal, but when i increase the volume that sounds fine to my ears...but when i bypass this block then, the "pure" rev and del-signal will be much less loud...
thanks!

Last edited:
Maybe check global effectmix. But that's gonna change delay mix as well.

A parallel (with a shunt)l mod effect might be best. (Mix at 100%)

I think I always has to boost my serial delay and mod effects around +2 dBs
to get bypass-balance right.

Last edited:
Sorry, I just wanted to be sure before I start spouting advice.

Is your rig set up like this? I appreciate that you may have multiple power amps.

ScreenShot2012-12-20at155637_zpsd05fa1b8.png

and

WetDryWetRig1_zpsf879a0c5.jpg

Sorry, if all these questions are a bit patronising, but I really am better off working from diagrams (pictures :) ) .

no,
my setup basically is guitar (through some pedals) to my engl powerball head, a line out after the poweramp goes to my axe fx, from there to the matrix gt800fx power amp into two 1x12" cabs...the powerball of course in the center feeds a cab as well...

Does the dry signal go out of the FXloop send in ch 2?, I don't understand the volume/pan why is it only on the dry

that´s not my screenshot...;-)...the dry headsignal goes from the speaker out into a small little box, a tech built for me, and the to the dry speaker...this little box has got a line signal-output, which goes to the axe fx...should have done a diagram...;-)

To the op: if you are adding modulation you can put the modulation parallel to the reverb or lower the mix of the reverb.

Otherwise you'll get a reverbedmodulation effect.

I hope my spaghetti English is clear.

I think you just need to adjust the mod block level till it equels the bypassed mode,maybe the mix in the mod block, or add a mixer and mix the mod and the bypassed/direct line to the rev/dly

Does the dry signal go out of the FXloop send in ch 2?, I don't understand the volume/pan why is it only on the dry

Sorry, that's my bad. That diagram was for someone who had a guitar cab and 2 FRFR cabs, who wanted to run it through the mixer as well. O/P 2 would has the cab panned to one side for the mixer, and the vol/pan panned to the power amp for the guitar cab. Quite a nifty little unit that Axe-FX II.

When it comes to explaining signal flow I find it easier to do with a basic diagram. That way people can follow my mad ramblings.

Back
Top Bottom