Wet - Dry LIVE setup...will it work?

I’ve been using the Axe Fx II exclusively for 4 or 5 years now, even for my live setup. I play classic rock and am missing the ballsy tone of my Marshall DSL50.

I know I could use the famed 4 Cable Method, but the fx loop sucks some of the chewy goodness from the amp. I also don’t want to have to cart a bunch of amps and cabs to the show, so I’m considering a kind of hybrid wet/dry rig. I’ve got all the particulars down, like how to connect it, how to set up my scenes, etc, but what I’m unsure of is how it will all sound In a live setting.

My plan is to feed guitar into the Axe to take advantage of using the on-board front-end fx (compression, drive, phaser, etc), then feed that out through the FXL to the front of the Marshall which then feeds the cabinet through the speaker output.

At the same time, send the remaining signal through amp and cab sims to post-preamp fx (chorus, delay, reverb, etc) then through line out (Output 1) to FOH.

In this way I’ll have guitar > amp on stage and complete Axe processing to FOH.

What I’m unsure of is how well the wet FOH and dry guitar through a stage cab will sound. I know most W/D/W setups have the cabinets right next to each other and, most likely, blend imperceptibly.

Thoughts?

Some documentation.

Attachments

• Guitar Rig AxeFx + Marshall Hybrid.pdf
    79.9 KB · Views: 7
  • McC Hybrid - Axe Edit.png
    McC Hybrid - Axe Edit.png
    392.8 KB · Views: 10
Back
Top Bottom