• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Went to see Joe Bonamassa last night...

dabert

Went to see Joe Bonamassa last night in Dusseldorf and man - what a show!

First of all, the overall FOH sound was the best I have heard in that rather old venue. Joe's playing is jaw dropping and goose bump inducing - he really makes those Les Pauls sing like angels. I was completely blown away.

The way he plays with dynamics, his feel and of course his technique - he might as well be from outer space. Even though I'm only from planet earth, it made me want to drive home and play my guitar right away.

His all-star band is also quite something. It's been years since I saw a real Hammond B3 up on stage - Derek Sherinian choses to use it with three(!) Leslie cabinets mind you! There is something magical when that slightly overdriven sound of a B3 mixes with the Les Paul.

Well worth every penny - go see him if you get a chance!

Top Bottom