Well, with great sadness, I sold my II, in order to...

mikeyg

Experienced
Order the III !!! Unfortunately I am heading out of town for 10 days, though... major bummer

I loved the II to death, it will be missed...I’m not expecting the III to sound much better, but looking forward to the additional flexibility, and of course, future improvements.

I debated about the FM3... decided to just use my HX Stomp for travel and keep the flagship at home. Currently shopping for a headless travel guitar, that’s what I’m budgeting for next!

I only sold my II and my IIXL after I got my first III, and to these older ears, the III is REALLY that much better. And yeah, I bought a second III, as more of a just in case kinda thing. Enjoy!

I only say that because the last update with Ares brought it much closer than it had been. When I listen to the comparison videos from 18 months ago, there was a noticeable difference

I just played for an hour on my stomp... it’s a bit of a letdown. Pretty sure that will get let go for an FM3 down the road

It's a tough transition-I love my Fractals and I resented having to part ways with the Axe II. That being said, I can never go back, the III is so much more than the II on every front. ( With much respect) I hope I never have to work on a 2 again.

I am keeping my 2. it is now my travel set up, if I decide... rarely. I'm just keeping it. There will be a need for something in some way, and they wont have any parts available. And initially the conglomerates will go madd... and that's when I'll sell it.... perhaps. I never sell my gear, except electronics.. and nobody every was interested in buying any of my old TV, radio, or walkman.. but the axe 2.. I know it will be different

Hard to say. Will we still say the axe 2 sounds great in 10 years? Depends on tech advances. I think it will hold it's own, personally

Back
Top Bottom