• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Well, with great sadness, I sold my II, in order to...

mikeyg

Inspired
Order the III !!! Unfortunately I am heading out of town for 10 days, though... major bummer

I loved the II to death, it will be missed...I’m not expecting the III to sound much better, but looking forward to the additional flexibility, and of course, future improvements.

I debated about the FM3... decided to just use my HX Stomp for travel and keep the flagship at home. Currently shopping for a headless travel guitar, that’s what I’m budgeting for next!

is9582

Power User
I only sold my II and my IIXL after I got my first III, and to these older ears, the III is REALLY that much better. And yeah, I bought a second III, as more of a just in case kinda thing. Enjoy!

mikeyg

Inspired
I only say that because the last update with Ares brought it much closer than it had been. When I listen to the comparison videos from 18 months ago, there was a noticeable difference

mikeyg

Inspired
I just played for an hour on my stomp... it’s a bit of a letdown. Pretty sure that will get let go for an FM3 down the road

skunc

Inspired
It's a tough transition-I love my Fractals and I resented having to part ways with the Axe II. That being said, I can never go back, the III is so much more than the II on every front. ( With much respect) I hope I never have to work on a 2 again.

BaronVonGrim

Experienced
I am keeping my 2. it is now my travel set up, if I decide... rarely. I'm just keeping it. There will be a need for something in some way, and they wont have any parts available. And initially the conglomerates will go madd... and that's when I'll sell it.... perhaps. I never sell my gear, except electronics.. and nobody every was interested in buying any of my old TV, radio, or walkman.. but the axe 2.. I know it will be different

mikeyg

Inspired
Hard to say. Will we still say the axe 2 sounds great in 10 years? Depends on tech advances. I think it will hold it's own, personally

Top Bottom