Well that's the last straw....I'm done

shasha

Fractal Fanatic
I think that in life you really need to have something to hope for that is unattainable or impossible in order to have something to keep you going. The essential part of the human experience is to have dreams and aspirations...just something to make you wake up for and wonder if today is the day that it happens.

I'm sitting here with CabLab3 open in live mode with FW 18.01 loaded and realize that I no longer have anything to dream about or wish for. It's all here. Even worse is that it is working flawlessly which means that I can't even wish for what I have to be better than it is right this moment.

So Cliff I hold you wholly responsible for crushing my soul by leaving me with nothing left to wish for. I hope that you are really proud yourself and think that it was worth doing all of this to make me happy and by happy I mean totally confused and miserable.

Of course I am being silly for effect, but to be really honest it's a bit of a surreal feeling to want for nothing these days.

On a serious note I know that there is a lot of hyperbole and crap all over the world today; especially when there is talk about subjective matters and "tone" is definitely a subject that falls into that category. I bought into the FAS model close to 7 years ago and have been blessed with a tool that served many a purpose and filled a variety of needs very well, but like anything it didn't do everything that I could have dreamed as well as I could dream about in my head. It was simply the best at doing the things I wanted which is not the same as being perfect at doing all of them. I hate making ridiculous claims about stuff because it either comes across as fanboyism or agenda based....but I'm making the exception to that policy because what I have to say about this damn thing is based in fact; there simply is nothing subjective about whether something works properly.

Simply put, in a world where nothing we are sold lives up to its claims and we've come to accept that as the standard by which everything is measured, FAS truly has a business model that may not scale to every industry or company, but should definitely be modeled (which makes me giggle since we're talking about modeling a company that is based on modeling). So while I've always been very conscientious of tempering my comments about how good A vs. B is and what "best" really means....as of today....right this moment....nothing on this planet does what the AxeFXII system (meaning the entire suite of accessories and stuff) better.

Now that may change in the future, but the craziest part of all of this is that if you look at the pace of development that FAS works with I don't see this as the end of the ride and that worries me because I can't even dream up something to want anymore. I don't know if anyone is ever going to catch them and still have a product that is marketable. It just amazes me.

So I'm done wanting or dreaming at this point....anything else that happens after today is going to be a surprise.

So I'm done wanting or dreaming at this point....anything else that happens after today is going to be a surprise.

C'mon, you are a hi-tech guitarist - GASing is part of your DNA - you can't turn it off :).

Here's a l'il hint to help start your engine again:

[/QUOTE]

I bought into the FAS model close to 7 years ago and have been blessed with a tool that served many a purpose and filled a variety of needs very well, but like anything it didn't do everything that I could have dreamed as well as I could dream about in my head.

I've been blessed with that same tool from before FAS even existed!

Hummm, I'm pretty sure I saw a Floorboard that FAS was getting ready to release... Are you sure you're done wanting?

I guess all we have to GAS over now are $30K+ vintage instruments :(

Eventually, people will probably expect us to be good players for owning this thing... the clock is ticking!

I reached that point a few years ago, actually. I don't even know what firmware version I'm using. The guitar gas though... omg... it's real... I've bought and sold more guitars in the last 2 years than I have in the previous 13.

Back
Top Bottom