well it only took me 26 years...

sundance_kiddsg

Experienced
to shed that "i'm not worthy" feeling.
don't get me wrong, i'm no closer to being able to play like him than 27 years ago (sadly)
became aware of steve morse in 89 and ever since i saw his music man on the oct 89 issue of guitar player magazine, i have always pined for one but never felt i deserved it.
still, it's never too late..
this is a near mint 1999 piece.
still over the moon for scoring this..
now if only there's an engl e656 model in the axe fx...;)
ebmm_steve_morse_1999_zpsmk907ggz.jpg

Cool guitar, congrats! I have the model without the Floyd. Definitely my most 'Swiss Army' guitar, and like all MM's, a great guitar to play.

Morse guitars are IMHO what a Gibson LP should be, meaty but with the middle single coil you could drop into Tele-land if needed. And with this model you have lots of options how to configure the pickups. I have a Y2D which has a simplified five-way switch for configuring the pickups.

Wow it looks great, wonderful color and absolutely a great tone. I had the pleasure to play one of these beauty and I still remember that feeling. Well done!

Nice! I've never seen one of those SM models in the flesh. I always liked the approach to tone flexibility that was designed into this guitar.

to shed that "i'm not worthy" feeling.
don't get me wrong, i'm no closer to being able to play like him than 27 years ago (sadly)
became aware of steve morse in 89 and ever since i saw his music man on the oct 89 issue of guitar player magazine, i have always pined for one but never felt i deserved it.
still, it's never too late..
this is a near mint 1999 piece.
still over the moon for scoring this..
now if only there's an engl e656 model in the axe fx...;)
ebmm_steve_morse_1999_zpsmk907ggz.jpg

I would expect the trem version to be less common? Since Morse plays a fixed bridge... Looks nice!

thanks guys!
i have to say that my silhouette plays better. also, as i have been playing my ibanez at10p for some time now, the sm's neck felt a bit shallower than what i'd like. still, i'm gonna get used to this i'm sure..
I would expect the trem version to be less common? Since Morse plays a fixed bridge... Looks nice!
true, he hardly ever plays the term version, except with deep purple... and only on highway star at that!

Steve is certainly an inspiring player, and those guitars are really versatile. Big congrats on getting that guitar.

Back
Top Bottom