Well it’s official - PayPal are crap

I've had my posts deleted and my account banned for relatively innocuous comments. The only problem with my comments is they went against the narrative. So, yes, my freedom of speech has been stifled.

I don't care about "private company", "town square", blah, blah. All I know is that I made some comments critical of the government and those comments mysteriously disappeared and after I posted some similar comments I got shadow-banned and then an actual ban.

The big tech companies are trying to silence people who disagree with their world-view. That's censorship. And now we find out that the government had a direct line to the tech companies instructing them who/what to censor. That's just really creepy Orwellian sh*t.

Sure, with free speech you get a lot of boneheads posting dumb sh*t but I'd rather wade through that so I can get alternative viewpoints and information than live in an echo chamber where only right-think is permitted.

Banks and financial institutions are being pressured to comply with those pushing social and controlled narrative issues rather than able bodied and responsible businesses. There's a rating system all the major banks are using that can affect your ability to borrow and/or set interest rates (for business) based on what they feel is complying to their narrative.

There's a lot of things going on under the surface of those influencing today's world. It's really sad to see the very ones we working people have made wealthy, feel the need to tell us what to think and do. Some pretty extreme stuff put in place to make people comply.

https://www.globalbankingandfinance.com/bank-reputations-on-the-hook-for-social-issues/

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1272380/comparison-esg-scores-largest-banks-worldwide/

Big tech is notorious for censures since Donald Trumps banning from twitter and the pandemic.

YouTube has continuously censured, de-platformed & demonetized. All relating to politics and the pandemic.

Twitter and Facebook as well

As a result many have moved to other options such as bitchute, rumble …etc precisely because of these censure and stifling of free speech.

And we need to be very careful with fact checked sources as these are owned by the very same big tech companies stifling free speech.

Musk takeover of twitter is big news. More so now since he practically fired everyone responsible for these.

These former employees are now suing him.
Blackrock and Vanguard... just to name a couple of huge influencers.

Blackrock owns more assets than every country on earth except China and the US. Vanguard is thought to be second after Blackrock and some think they are also owned by Blackrock. From what I've read they have ways of making it very difficult to pinpoint who controls what. When Elon first mentioned buying twitter Vanguard bought a bunch of shares to block the sale.

You can't fake a domain which is why I left the actual link text exposed.
Sorry, these days, I have to assume everyone I don't know or have no previous experience/interaction with online is suspect. Nothing against you, it's just I prefer to verify things on my own as much as possible. Sad times we live in!

Big tech is notorious for censures since Donald Trumps banning from twitter and the pandemic.

YouTube has continuously censured, de-platformed & demonetized. All relating to politics and the pandemic.

Twitter and Facebook as well

As a result many have moved to other options such as bitchute, rumble …etc precisely because of these censure and stifling of free speech.

And we need to be very careful with fact checked sources as these are owned by the very same big tech companies stifling free speech.

Musk takeover of twitter is big news. More so now since he practically fired everyone responsible for these.

These former employees are now suing him.

I won’t say much on this so I don’t get sh*tcanned but I agree with you. Gotta love Elon. Lot of people freaking out about having actual free speech lol. The thought terrifies them.

hold the phone!, so they are making final judgement on people and levying punishments - based on what kind of process? Isn't that what the legal system is for? Is this a thing now? They want customers to agree to give them some sort of pre-approval to raid their bank account based on a mysterious assessment process?? That seems nuts! - never heard of such a thing in my life - surprised it's even legal. I don't use such services as I'm not comfortable with giving access. Was never quite sure why I'm not comfortable - just a feeling - now I know why. Unbelievable. I really must be getting old and out of touch - this just seems insane to me - I'm all on the side of honesty / truth, and totally agree that corps need to have related policies with consequences, but corporations make mistakes often and imo r not equipped to dole out personal punishments (kick a person off / have them legally charged thru the authorities... - yes, but directly levying fines and getting preapproval for collection? - no). What's next?, imprisonment at the corporate lockup?

Everything you need to be aware of is detailed in the Acceptable Use Policy. I encourage anyone who plans to sign up for PayPal, or that has an account, to read it.

If you feel any of it might be something you're currently engaged in, or plan to engage in, don't use PayPal. Pretty simple!

There ARE other ways to send money. Just be sure to check whatever method you do choose to use wont land you in the same hot water you would have been in by violating PayPals use policies.

Everything you need to be aware of is detailed in the Acceptable Use Policy. I encourage anyone who plans to sign up for PayPal, or that has an account, to read it.

If you feel any of it might be something you're currently engaged in, or plan to engage in, don't use PayPal. Pretty simple!

There ARE other ways to send money. Just be sure to check whatever method you do choose to use wont land you in the same hot water you would have been in by violating PayPals use policies.
Ownhammer takes only PayPal.
Ditto my daughter's therapist, oddly.
I don't think I use it for anything else.

While I wholeheartedly object to those TOS, I'm relatively unlikely to run afoul of them, if the truth is a relevant dimension in whatever "discussion" they bring about.

I think a lot of folks see no room in between a do whatever whenever I want to society and Orwellian. These folks will have the hardest time with policies like this.

Ownhammer takes only PayPal.
Ditto my daughter's therapist, oddly.
I don't think I use it for anything else.

While I wholeheartedly object to those TOS, I'm relatively unlikely to run afoul of them, if the truth is a relevant dimension in whatever "discussion" they bring about.
Gotta take it up with Ownhammer/daughters therapist to accept more payment methods.

People lately tend to get super amped up over these things and all the falsehoods that come with them. Generally speaking, as I stated before, as long as you're not using PayPal to funnel money into things they've said you can't (and you agreed to when you accepted the terms of service. Shame on those who don't read it and click "ok" anyway) then you will pretty much never have anything to worry about.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get ya.
Paranoid, not even close. Realistic and paying attention to what's going on, ESPECIALLY to all the sheer, unadulterated bullshit, lies, & inane conspiracy theories that a moderately intelligent third grader would not believe that are constantly being posted online, yeah, I choose not to buy into anything until I can verify it one way or the other myself. And yeah, there are a lot of scumbags out to get ya!

Last edited:
Paypal’s Objectionable Terms Are Back, $2500 Fines For Content They Don’t Like [...]
I'm friends with someone "out there" who tries to make a living voicing (worthwhile) contrarian opinions. IIRC, PayPal blocked him out of his account for several months (±5 or more months ago). Thankfully, there are many alternative solutions now.

[correction] After asking again, he told me: "PayPal only allowed us to withdraw part of the money. A month later, they withdrew the requirement. We know someone personally who got permanently robbed of a VERY large amount of money by these criminals."

Last edited:
Paranoid, not even close. Realistic and paying attention to what's going on, ESPECIALLY to all the sheer, unadulterated bullshit, lies, & inane conspiracy theories that a moderately intelligent third grader would not believe that are constantly being posted online, yeah, I choose not to buy into anything until I can verify it one way or the other myself. And yeah, there are a lot of scumbags out to get ya!

Uhhh...It's a line from a movie, dude.

In connection with your use of our websites, your PayPal account, the PayPal services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties, you must not provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information.

If you’ve violated our Acceptable Use Policy, then you’re also responsible for damages to PayPal caused by your violation of this policy; or

If you are a seller and receive funds for transactions that violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.

You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages – including, but not limited to, internal administrative costs incurred by PayPal to monitor and track violations, damage to PayPal’s brand and reputation, and penalties imposed upon PayPal by its business partners resulting from a user’s violation – considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate.

PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.
you omitted a section:

• If you are a seller and receive funds for transactions that violate the Acceptable Use Policy and said violation is associated with fraud or the sale of goods that are counterfeit or otherwise infringe on intellectual property rights, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages caused by said violation. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages - including, but not limited to, internal administrative costs incurred by PayPal to monitor and track violations, damage to PayPal’s brand and reputation, and penalties imposed upon PayPal by its business partners resulting from said violation associated with fraud or the sale of goods that are counterfeit or otherwise infringe on intellectual property rights - considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violation, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.

you omitted a section:

• If you are a seller and receive funds for transactions that violate the Acceptable Use Policy and said violation is associated with fraud or the sale of goods that are counterfeit or otherwise infringe on intellectual property rights, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages caused by said violation. You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages - including, but not limited to, internal administrative costs incurred by PayPal to monitor and track violations, damage to PayPal’s brand and reputation, and penalties imposed upon PayPal by its business partners resulting from said violation associated with fraud or the sale of goods that are counterfeit or otherwise infringe on intellectual property rights - considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violation, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate. PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.
Im fine with this. Considering I never have used PayPal to commit a crime, Im probably never going to fall under this fee.

It was copied and pasted straight from the paypal user agreement. Maybe you should go back and read it again.

you omitted a section:

...and Ocnor added this little tidbit that is NOT copied & pasted from the PayPal user agreement to try & change the context of the real terms which have been in place for years:

"In connection with your use of our websites, your PayPal account, the PayPal services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties, you must not provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information."

Last edited:
"In connection with your use of our websites, your PayPal account, the PayPal services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties, you must not provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information."

They need to limit that to simply specific transaction of sales or the like where the information is misleading and directly tied to sales & purchases.

As an example …Posting information that says the Covid vaccines does not prevent infection or transmission of Covid and PayPal finds this misinformation should not warrant any penalties as such if not directly tied to transactions.

Btw …main stream media at the start of the vaccine rollouts asserted the vaccines prevent transmission.

Today we know that is totally false.

Yet…good luck to anyone who posted otherwise and got demonetized, de-platformed and canceled being reinstated.

T

They need to limit that to simply specific transaction of sales or the like where the information is misleading and directly tied to sales & purchases.

As an example …Posting information that says the Covid vaccines does not prevent infection or transmission of Covid and PayPal finds this misinformation should not warrant any penalties as such if not directly tied to transactions.

Btw …main stream media at the start of the vaccine rollouts asserted the vaccines prevent transmission.

Today we know that is totally false.

Yet…good luck to anyone who posted otherwise and got demonetized, de-platformed and canceled being reinstated.

T
That part was NOT part of PayPal's Terms of Service. That's what I was trying to point out.

...and Ocnor added this little tidbit that is NOT copied & pasted from the PayPal user agreement to try & change the context of the real terms which have been in place for years:

I didn't add anything. Paypal keeps changing the agreement whenever they get caught and called out.

Back
Top Bottom