Well it’s official - PayPal are crap

I’m not giving them a god damn thing. They’re going to have to come get it.

You refuse to register your car ? Dont pay taxes ? Don’t trust banks either ? Bury your money in the backyard ?

Living like your Ron Swanson as a great role model is good fun but don’t think he would really work in the real world…..

You refuse to register your car ? Dont pay taxes ? Don’t trust banks either ? Bury your money in the backyard ?

Living like your Ron Swanson as a great role model is good fun but don’t think he would really work in the real world…..
1. No. It’s registered.
2. No. The local, state and federal government as well as local public authorities have their hands so far up my ass I’m basically a hand puppet for the IRS.
3. Definitely YES. You think they send you all those 0% APR teasers because you’re special? Ask anyone buried in a student loan if they trust banks. I believe they should have to somehow pay, but TRUST? That’s like trusting the wolves in the lambs den.
4. No. It would disintegrate.

5. I’m not sending PayPal/EBay SHIT. Worked for Randy Weaver. Until it didn’t.

Last edited:
15-20 years ago I bought and sold a lot of gear on eBay. Best way to find vintage stuff. Stopped when a music studio in south Florida sold me a bricked Korg A3 and then lied. Can’t recall if I used PayPal back then but I had no recourse. Last thing I bought on eBay was a fishing rod a couple years ago. But only b/c I couldn’t find it anywhere else. Doubt I will ever use it again. But PayPal for e-retail for big brands is pretty convenient.

15-20 years ago I bought and sold a lot of gear on eBay. Best way to find vintage stuff. Stopped when a music studio in south Florida sold me a bricked Korg A3 and then lied. Can’t recall if I used PayPal back then but I had no recourse. Last thing I bought on eBay was a fishing rod a couple years ago. But only b/c I couldn’t find it anywhere else. Doubt I will ever use it again. But PayPal for e-retail for big brands is pretty convenient.
I may make a couple eBay purchases a year when I can’t find what I’m looking for new at a good price.
Neither PayPal or eBay has banned me from the platform. Just from selling. I’m fine with that. They’re both private companies and PayPal for all intents and purposes a bank. All PayPal can tell me is don’t come back. They have zero authority. They can furnish the info on me they do have to the IRS who is welcome to inquire about the few hundred in sales I made last year that I can easily get into the red. If they all want to waste their time with this stupidity, I’m going to let them pay for it in time and labor. This 600 dollar a year threshold is absolutely ridiculous. You’re going to 1099 every last yard sale in America, too? I understand taxes. I could have had a Lamborghini and probably a half a helicopter with what Uncle Sam has taken out of my ass. I’m not buying into this Orwellian law and suspect and hope many others don’t, either. I also stand behind absolutely everything I write here, so if they DO want to look into this and find this post, I’d love to read it back to them word for word while I have their attention.

Not doubting you, just confused, since I don't post content on PayPal, I just send people money.

Again not doubting you, just wondering what you're referring to.
Of course I'm not expecting you to violate this forum's TOS to answer.

He created also “The Intercept” which supposedly is investigative journalism & journalists but actually is a portal for the Feds to censure. Twitter also provide the Feds with a portal to censure.

Here’s the link on the story

He created also “The Intercept” which supposedly is investigative journalism & journalists but actually is a portal for the Feds to censure. Twitter also provide the Feds with a portal to censure.

Here’s the link on the story

Can anyone really say social media has been censored to the degree of stifling free speech? I’ve deplatformed myself some time ago, but before I left I saw plenty of vile and dumb things posted by every lame brained knuckhead in my newsfeed. The platforms go as far as to let you post outright falsehoods and will just tag your post with links to truthful information on the subject.

Can anyone really say social media has been censored to the degree of stifling free speech? I’ve deplatformed myself some time ago, but before I left I saw plenty of vile and dumb things posted by every lame brained knuckhead in my newsfeed. The platforms go as far as to let you post outright falsehoods and will just tag your post with links to truthful information on the subject.
I've had my posts deleted and my account banned for relatively innocuous comments. The only problem with my comments is they went against the narrative. So, yes, my freedom of speech has been stifled.

I don't care about "private company", "town square", blah, blah. All I know is that I made some comments critical of the government and those comments mysteriously disappeared and after I posted some similar comments I got shadow-banned and then an actual ban.

The big tech companies are trying to silence people who disagree with their world-view. That's censorship. And now we find out that the government had a direct line to the tech companies instructing them who/what to censor. That's just really creepy Orwellian sh*t.

Sure, with free speech you get a lot of boneheads posting dumb sh*t but I'd rather wade through that so I can get alternative viewpoints and information than live in an echo chamber where only right-think is permitted.

Paypal’s Objectionable Terms Are Back, $2500 Fines For Content They Don’t Like​

by Gary Leff on October 26, 2022

Two weeks ago Paypal introduced language into its terms and conditions that allowed them to withdraw $2500 from your account for each time they believed you “promot[ed] misinformation” or you sent, posted or published “messages, content, or materials that, in PayPal’s sole discretion, (a) are harmful, obscene, harassing, or objectionable.”
If they deemed you to promote messages they objected to 10 times, or to have spread misinformation (in their sole discretion) 10 times, they could take $25,000 from your account. If your PayPal balance was $0 they presumably could withdraw funds from your linked accounts.
After an online backlash they pulled the language from their update. They called it a mistake, but it was a very specific mistake not an errant comma or language that was placed into the wrong section of the terms.
Then they waited two weeks for the attention to die down. And now they’ve put the policy back into the terms. The Paypal t&c’s now specify a $2500 fine per instance of violating their acceptable use policy, including transactions which in their sole opinion promote intolerance. Intolerance isn’t defined, and could be considered anything Paypal says it is.

I've had my posts deleted and my account banned for relatively innocuous comments. The only problem with my comments is they went against the narrative. So, yes, my freedom of speech has been stifled.

I don't care about "private company", "town square", blah, blah. All I know is that I made some comments critical of the government and those comments mysteriously disappeared and after I posted some similar comments I got shadow-banned and then an actual ban.

The big tech companies are trying to silence people who disagree with their world-view. That's censorship. And now we find out that the government had a direct line to the tech companies instructing them who/what to censor. That's just really creepy Orwellian sh*t.

Sure, with free speech you get a lot of boneheads posting dumb sh*t but I'd rather wade through that so I can get alternative viewpoints and information than live in an echo chamber where only right-think is permitted.
My experience there for the great length of time I was there (far too long) was vastly different. Most of my newsfeed WAS alternate points of few from MSM. Anyway, I’m thrilled with my now social media free life. I get so much more done and it’s just so much healthier without it for me.

Paypal’s Objectionable Terms Are Back, $2500 Fines For Content They Don’t Like​

by Gary Leff on October 26, 2022

Is it really asking too much to use google to find there is no truth to this?

PayPal has always had a policy that prohibits the use of paypal to fund illegal transactions, including fraudulent sales based on incorrect information about the goods being sold. This is nothing new and there's nothing unusual about that. All payment companies have such a policy. This somehow got distorted by the usual types into the idea that this policy has something to do with speech. That's laughable since paypal is not a message platform. However, paypal bears some responsibility for the confusion due to wording the policy poorly.

https://www.verifythis.com/article/...heck/536-046ac35d-c1a4-409e-bba7-aedab15ef04d

https://www.snopes.com/news/2022/10/10/paypal-fine-for-misinformation/

PayPal has always had a policy that prohibits the use of paypal to fund illegal transactions, including fraudulent sales based on incorrect information about the goods being sold. This is nothing new and there's nothing unusual about that. All payment companies have such a policy. This somehow got distorted by the usual types into the idea that this policy has something to do with speech. That's laughable since paypal is not a message platform. However, paypal bears some responsibility for the confusion due to wording the policy poorly.

https://www.verifythis.com/article/...heck/536-046ac35d-c1a4-409e-bba7-aedab15ef04d

As usual, the truth is usually far less hollywood and sensational than we’d like it to be.

...or actually go to PayPal's site & search the real terms & conditions. Guess what, this $2500 fine BS in nowhere to be found!

In connection with your use of our websites, your PayPal account, the PayPal services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties, you must not provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information.

If you’ve violated our Acceptable Use Policy, then you’re also responsible for damages to PayPal caused by your violation of this policy; or

If you are a seller and receive funds for transactions that violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.

You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages – including, but not limited to, internal administrative costs incurred by PayPal to monitor and track violations, damage to PayPal’s brand and reputation, and penalties imposed upon PayPal by its business partners resulting from a user’s violation – considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate.

PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.

In connection with your use of our websites, your PayPal account, the PayPal services, or in the course of your interactions with PayPal, other PayPal customers, or third parties, you must not provide false, inaccurate, or misleading information.

If you’ve violated our Acceptable Use Policy, then you’re also responsible for damages to PayPal caused by your violation of this policy; or

If you are a seller and receive funds for transactions that violate the Acceptable Use Policy, then in addition to being subject to the above actions you will be liable to PayPal for the amount of PayPal’s damages caused by your violation of the Acceptable Use Policy.

You acknowledge and agree that $2,500.00 U.S. dollars per violation of the Acceptable Use Policy is presently a reasonable minimum estimate of PayPal’s actual damages – including, but not limited to, internal administrative costs incurred by PayPal to monitor and track violations, damage to PayPal’s brand and reputation, and penalties imposed upon PayPal by its business partners resulting from a user’s violation – considering all currently existing circumstances, including the relationship of the sum to the range of harm to PayPal that reasonably could be anticipated because, due to the nature of the violations of the Acceptable Use Policy, actual damages would be impractical or extremely difficult to calculate.

PayPal may deduct such damages directly from any existing balance in any PayPal account you control.
Where did you get this "information?" It's nowhere to be found on the PayPal site. Even following the link for the Acceptable Use Policy in your post yields nothing. Believe me, there is plenty to hate about PayPal but so far, I see no PROOF this is one of them.

Where did you get this "information?" It's nowhere to be found on the PayPal site. Even following the link for the Acceptable Use Policy in your post yields nothing. Believe me, there is plenty to hate about PayPal but so far, I see no PROOF this is one of them.
It was copied and pasted straight from the paypal user agreement. Maybe you should go back and read it again.

Big tech is notorious for censures since Donald Trumps banning from twitter and the pandemic.

YouTube has continuously censured, de-platformed & demonetized. All relating to politics and the pandemic.

Twitter and Facebook as well

As a result many have moved to other options such as bitchute, rumble …etc precisely because of these censure and stifling of free speech.

And we need to be very careful with fact checked sources as these are owned by the very same big tech companies stifling free speech.

Musk takeover of twitter is big news. More so now since he practically fired everyone responsible for these.

These former employees are now suing him.

Finally found it independently of your link. It's so easy to fake a website. Anyway, as Morpine just posted, don't engage in restricted activities & you have nothing to worry about.

You can't fake a domain which is why I left the actual link text exposed.

Back
Top Bottom