Well I ordered an AX8...selling the Axe Fx II XL

I use the AX8 for my live rig. Once you get it set up the way you want it, it is an awesome rig. Works and sounds great, and is super easy to set up and use. Very happy with it.

Not 1.4 seconds on complex set up gaps...... It's been reported as a nuisance with AX8....never hear folks complaining of with Axe Fx II
Only folks complaining on Ax are new people who did not have an Axe. Folks have complained about the Axe as well but if they stick around long enough they learn to live with it and have great tone or they move onto something else that they feel switches fast. In the thread about any one missing their Axe when switching to Ax not a single person said I miss my Axe cause Ax switching is to slow

Dude, besides using more "scene changes" then "preset changes" (which has zero gaps), the preset change gap, when or if it happens, is definitely not 1.4sec!!!

Don't worry about it. And don't listen to people that try really hard to find issues where there isn't. If this was a real problem, how everyone else that loves the unit would be daily here praising it? Is everyone lying???

Not 1.4 seconds on complex set up gaps...... It's been reported as a nuisance with AX8....never hear folks complaining of with Axe Fx II

The gap IS larger than on Axe FX. I know, I was the one to point out the worst case scenario, but I have also pointed to numerous workarounds.

In the end, I can easily live with the switching issues. In the end, you just have to consider, what you need in a specific situation. If you need seamless switching, you may have to work a bit on your preset in order to make it happen. If you don't, you have much more flexibility.

I do think people get too caught up with the audio gap. I can imagine only very few situations, where it would be an unmanageable problem.

Cancelling the order seems like an over reaction to me, but I don't know your needs.

I had trouble with huge audio gap also which is part of the reason I traded up to the XL plus. There are ways to minimize it but it's a work around and requires compromise. My gap was huge and really hard to deal with on certain songs. Cliff said they were working on it at some point

Def a dif in gaps on AX8 vs XL. I got my son the AX8 and have played with it a good bit, had thoughts of using it for certain gigs but the latency (and block limitations) just don't work for me.... yet. I have every belief that Cliff will be rectifying most of the AX8's shortcomings soon.

Wow i never experienced a 1.4 sec gap and i run fairly involved presets.

The worst thing i dealt with was a slight delay switching from one scene to another one that had many block going from x to y but there was the typical milliseconds audio gap

...had thoughts of using it for certain gigs but the latency (and block limitations) just don't work for me...
For the record, latency is undetectable in the AX8. The preset gap isn't latency. And Smittefar's 1.4-second example, as he pointed out in the other thread, is the result of a conscious effort to make the gap as long as possible by doing things that folks don't normally do.

Back on topic: if you un-cancel your order, there's a 99.7% chance that you'll be very happy. :)

For the record, latency is undetectable in the AX8. The preset gap isn't latency. And Smittefar's 1.4-second example, as he pointed out in the other thread, is the result of a conscious effort to make the gap as long as possible by doing things that folks don't normally do.

Back on topic: if you un-cancel your order, there's a 99.7% chance that you'll be very happy. :)

Very well put :)

I have every belief that Cliff will be rectifying most of the AX8's shortcomings soon.
I don't think it has short comings. As with other FAS products it will continue to evolve and improve. With that in mind we all know that the AX has a processor that is less powerful than big brother. The Ax cannot be the Axe and every week (not saying you fall in this boat) making wishes and or complaining that basically this is not an Axe on the floor. FAS has always been about sound quality first and foremost and in that category Ax is just like Axe. In other areas they will always remain different. This goes right down to USB. You have prob heard it takes over 30 min to do a full back up of the whole unit

A huge advantage with the AX8 vs the Axe Fx is the knobs on the front to adjust quickly live. to be able to reduce bass for example on the fly is so great for me.

Back
Top Bottom