Well I laughed....

Bought it last night, so it won't ship until at least Monday. Maybe have it by weeks end. I'll give it a run through and post my thoughts. I'm sure it will sound good enought to warant paying the 500, but the question will be if it will sound good enough to warant me buying something I don't really need.
Well, I can't let you know how it's sounds because I never got it. It left Washington DC, a one hour drive to where I live in Baltimore, 15 days ago and has been in limbo since. The seller says Reverb is responsible because he used their shipping method and Reverb is asking me to give it another week. I'm hoping by some miracle it shows up, because that was a great deal.

Nothing new here. Gear prices are like anything else. You usually get what you pay for.
So... if you want the best, you pay more for it. Many guitarist think good gear is so pricy. Well... go price a good saxophone or violin.
You CAN get some good stuff that’s not to expensive. But playing guitar is not as cheap as buying an ice cream cone.
I’ll say it again... FAS makes pro audio gear.. the ‘cheap’ stuff is consumer gear. But IMO, Fractal is worth every penny and then some. Plus... who else gives free constant upgrades?
I’ll wait.

I don't know??? It does not always have to be a perfect model, just a good sound. Some of the stuff out there is pretty dam decent sounding, especially in a mix.
Still like my AX8, are the models as good as my Axe Fx III, no. But it sounds great! One of my favorites is the Tech21 FlyRig 5, meat and potatoes basically Fender cleans, and Marshall dirt are they perfect models, no. Good sounds though!

A little over 10 years ago, I had seen a band playing in a small bar located within the property of a small airport. Two guitars one bass all three using POD XT Live's. Far from my favorite device but dam the band sounded great.

So yeah there are alternatives.

I've been an AxeFx (I, II, II) user since 2007.
I reluctantly 'downgraded' to a Line6 Pod Go in January due to the paucity of local gigs over the snowballing of fly-gigs.
My Fractal/Mastermind rig is a bit too cumbersome AND expensive so I took the dive.
Would I prefer to use my main Fractal rig? YES!!!
Will the Pod Go suffice? Surprisingly..........yes.
[of course I'd prefer an FM3/9 but I can't justify the expense of having both the AxefxIII AND and a floorboard version]
BTW: I STILL have my big rig.

Well, I can't let you know how it's sounds because I never got it. It left Washington DC, a one hour drive to where I live in Baltimore, 15 days ago and has been in limbo since. The seller says Reverb is responsible because he used their shipping method and Reverb is asking me to give it another week. I'm hoping by some miracle it shows up, because that was a great deal.
Reverb reimbursed me 2 days after I opened my claim. Kudos to them

All media (magazines, newspapers, TV, Internet, etc.) is just advertising in one form or another. Some outlets are just more blatant than others.
Truth is stranger than fiction. Considering the cost of gas and groceries, it makes good sense to watch what you pay for, otherwise the dealers/sellers are just taking your money...

Back
Top Bottom