Well I laughed....

One may have to read between the lines a little wrt such statements. It's a plausible outlook for some. Though Axfx is, imo, a great value, $2500 might as well be $1million for those on limited budgets. Those people look to alternatives, which, luckily, there are some low $ ones that sound good.

Last edited:
The Axe FXIII is a hell of a deal when you look at what you get for the money....but hey, I get it, if you don't have the money it doesn't matter how great it is. I could say the same for the FM3 or my old AX8.

For someone really on a tight budget that already owned a few pedals, one of the many "amp in a box" pedals that can be had for a few hundred bucks would probably be the most economical option. In fact when I got my AX8 years ago I built a backup rig with an "amp in a box" pedal, a drive pedal, and a delay pedal. I still keep it as a compact backup....but I should probably sell it seeing as I have both an AX8 and a FM3 as backup to my FXIII. Come to think of it there is a ton of gear I should sell, but probably never will.

It would be more credible if they at least mentioned the FM3, even if some can’t afford that either. It’s prettyyyy noteworthy.
That’s still about twice or more (EU) than what the POD Go costs. The article is stupid but as a budget option the POD Go is very good.

This thread reads a bit corksniffery. I know y’all like your Fractals (as do I) but there’s no need to put them on a pedestal. They’re just tools.

Those new UA pedals sound nice on video and really I'd rather have one really nice pedal with a couple flavors builtin than a cheap plastic thing with 1000 shades of the same amp.

Just bought last night a mint condition ISP Theta Pro DSP for $500 with free shipping. They sell new at Sweetwater for $1349.99(yes, that's overpriced). Got it because 1) What a deal! 2) Another toy to play with 3) Run it and my FM3 into my mixer for a dual amp rig.

Just bought last night a mint condition ISP Theta Pro DSP for $500 with free shipping. They sell new at Sweetwater for $1349.99(yes, that's overpriced). Got it because 1) What a deal! 2) Another toy to play with 3) Run it and my FM3 into my mixer for a dual amp rig.
have wondered about ISP - heard some good
things about their stuff - interested to hear your experience with it.

have wondered about ISP - heard some good
things about their stuff - interested to hear your experience with it.
Bought it last night, so it won't ship until at least Monday. Maybe have it by weeks end. I'll give it a run through and post my thoughts. I'm sure it will sound good enought to warant paying the 500, but the question will be if it will sound good enough to warant me buying something I don't really need.

It would be more credible if they at least mentioned the FM3, even if some can’t afford that either. It’s prettyyyy noteworthy.
I started with an AX8 and didn't feel underprivileged in the least. It all comes down to use and needs really.

I wouldn't sleep on the pod go though. I have a buddy that uses one and he gets by just fine. Consider it the basic Honda Civic of the modeling world. Reliable transportation that gets the job done.

I own the Harley Benton Molder. I need to do a video VS the Axe fx. Now while it is good for $300 It kinda is no where near what the axe 3 can do. It lacks a lot in the IR department for sure.

My opinion. Line 6 POD Go isn't a bad product. However... If someone is the financial situation where all they can afford is that... The end result "rig" in that case almost always is the player going direct into the unit with headphones, right? So why even get the modeler in the first place? You can use free plugins and demos until you save the money for an FM3. Use the money you would've spent on the POD on studio monitors.

That’s still about twice or more (EU) than what the POD Go costs. The article is stupid but as a budget option the POD Go is very good.

This thread reads a bit corksniffery. I know y’all like your Fractals (as do I) but there’s no need to put them on a pedestal. They’re just tools.
The article is bad so we’re in agreement. There are definitely other good products out there. I’m not a Fractal fan boy, I’m just not frugal. It is my chosen tool but I think Kemper and Fractal are like Coke and Pepsi, there’s new kids on the block like Neural DSP, and then everything else. Line 6 was good enough for Meshuggah at one point. There are free plug-ins that are also pretty good. The price disparity is just not as extreme as it’s written here. If it was my article (not knowing any details about paid advertising) I would be comparing the mini floorboard units from different companies. It’s a false narrative that you need to spend $2,300 to get an Axe Fx.

My opinion. Line 6 POD Go isn't a bad product. However... If someone is the financial situation where all they can afford is that... The end result "rig" in that case almost always is the player going direct into the unit with headphones, right? So why even get the modeler in the first place? You can use free plugins and demos until you save the money for an FM3. Use the money you would've spent on the POD on studio monitors.
Exactly. I’m trying to figure out who this article is written for. Teenagers? Seems like it’s just advertising.

Back
Top Bottom