Well Californians, you can add 8% to your Axe Fx II price now

zentman

Experienced
New law taxing out of state internet sales being signed soon. Does it affect Fractal? Not sure yet.

That sucks. Hope other states don't follow suit (especially Missouri!), but I have a bad feeling they eventually will.

There would have to be nexus to compell Fractal to collect the sales tax. Which there isn't. They could change the state income tax form requiring you to report all internet transactions and then pay tax on that. That's where they could nail you. If you didn't report a purchase, you could potentially be busted for income tax evasion.

...and really, you have proably always been liable for paying a Use tax on it anyway. There was just no means of enforcement.

Do I smell a feeble attempt at California politicians trying to collect more revenue to help balance it's out of control budget? It probably wouldn't be so bad if this wasn't such a give it away, protect that weed, don't step on the bug state.

I'm no CPA but I would like to know how they plan on enforcing this. I mean how does one state make another state responsible for reporting on line sales tax for a business thats domiciled in that state? Then how long will it be before you have to pay a tax over seas and so on. To me it sounds like a Ginormous crap sandwich that everyone will eventually have to take a big bite out of, chew then swallow...yum.

They have that here in Idaho too, where you're supposed to declare stuff you bought out of state and pay tax on it, but no one ever reports anything and they don't enforce it at all. I'm not sure why they even bother putting it on the tax form. :p

I was born and raised in California. I loved growing up there in the 70's and 80's, but then things just all went to crap. Getting out of there was the best thing we ever did. I honestly don't know how anyone affords to live there anymore.

They have been coming after business owners for a while. I run a vocal studio in Los Angeles and have a number of music-related deductions. The state has me go through all of my out-of-state purchases and send a check for any uncollected sales tax. When first enforced I had to go back a number of years.

Everyone in CA who buys over the internet is responsible for those taxes, they are just now enforcing it. This is a really expensive state to live in.

Sales tax is 9.25% in San Jose.

"... the new requirement applies only to online sellers based out of state that have some connection to California, such as workers, warehouses or offices here."

This goes into effect Friday. Hopefully Fractal is exempt.

When exactly did they decide on this? I haven't seen the news in eons so forgive me if I'm out of date.

Geez as if I didn't get enough taken away from my check. On average the good ol' feds take like 100+ dollars from my paycheck and the state takes like fifty so I'm looking at 200 going to government. WTF?! I don't need this extra 8% taken away from my interwebs purchases I'm low enough on cash as is!

CA has had use taxes on the books for years.

Out of state purchase of goods is already taxed, but the collection, reporting, and payment was the responsibility of the purchaser.

The new law requires that out of state sellers that have in state affiliates must collect sales tax and send it to CA.

The same law passed in other states and the result was that the out of state companies terminated their affiliations with in state companies.

Net result, less tax revenue, not more.

I can't believe it passed and was signed into law. It's been tried and has failed.

Tone Merchants in Southern CA may or may not be considered an affiliate.

Tone Merchants demonstrates the Axe-Fx at their retail location which might be enough of a relationship that FAS would be subject to this new law.

If anyone knows for sure, please share.

Sales tax is 9.25% in San Jose.

"... the new requirement applies only to online sellers based out of state that have some connection to California, such as workers, warehouses or offices here."

This goes into effect Friday. Hopefully Fractal is exempt.

that stinks guys i came there to record and dint wanna come home but i feel your pain ILLINOIS raised state tax a ton in jan 40 more dollars from my check a week 40 more from wifes check thats alot of money at the end of the year

Cali has become a sissified state thanks to the greenies and the libs. With legalized extortion policies like CARB, they run manufacturing business out of state faster then you can fart. In fact if the greenies get there way it will soon be known as NARB. All you guys that live in states that have a laxed emissions policy wait till you get a load of this administration.

Well we definitely fell apart when we got the terminator as our governor. So I'm not really too Suprised that we're more screwed over. The good news is In N Out is still delicious so suck it environmentalist vegan liberal freaks! :lol

Back
Top Bottom