Welcome TREVOR RABIN!

Very cool news. Trevor is one of my favorite musicians, for his work with Yes, his solo albums, and his soundtracks. Saw him with Yes on the 90125 tour and will get to see him with ARW the week after next in Austin. Very cool that he's adopted the AxeFx. Having seen some of his old complicated rigs (I think he had a bradshaw system at some point), I'm sure he likes the relative simplicity and power of the AxeFx.

I just discovered that he also wrote the theme songs for the March Madness (college basketball) broadcasts, and the NBA and MLB on TBS. I never thought about it but now I can totally hear that it's Trevor, especially the NBA theme. Go figure.

I had front row tickets to the Union Tour in 1990. Trevor's live sound was totally insane. He really outshined everyone else on stage. Maybe I am biased, because I am a guitarist. The show I saw was in Miami, at the original arena where the Miami Heat began the franchise. The stage was in the round, and rotated slowly so you could see each musician. I didn't know who to watch - everybody on stage was a super star. I even met flagged down two of the roadies I recognized from a Journey documentary I had seen a few weeks prior to that show, and shook hands with both of them! A memory I will cherish forever.

As for Mr. Rabin, not only do I love his guitar playing, note selection, tone, song writing, arranging, and production/mixing of the iconic tunes, but the dude has one of the best rock voices ever, and never did receive the credit or notoriety that he deserved, on his vocals alone.

Glad he's part of "the Fam" now! Great job Matt and sales team!
I was at that Miami show too! As a huge Yes fan, I thought the Union album was a bit misleading; making us think they all worked on the material together while in reality there were still 2 distinct camps. Even though it was great seeing all these members of Yes from different eras on the same stage together, at times it seemed as though too many cooks spoil the stew. For example, the intro to "Lift Me Up" was so powerful on the album, but when they all tried to pull it off live, something was lost in translation.

Anyway, glad to hear Trevor is part of the club! Such an awesomely talented individual!

i had a difficult decision to make this past weekend.. ARW played at the sametime as Eric Johnson in chicago on saturday night....i chose Eric
(cuz ihad ticket offered to me)and unbeknownst to me , it was a solo acoustic gig...he was great, but , i coulda used some Rabin fractal goodness and a bit more gain..

Very cool! I love Trevor, what a monster player he is! I got a chance to see him with Yes back in the late 80's for the Big Generator tour in SD killer show!

We are extremely honored to welcome Trevor Rabin to the roster of artists using Fractal Audio Systems products. Trevor selected the Axe-Fx II as his main guitar rig for a triumphant return to the stage with YES bandmates Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman, touring together as "ARW". Trevor has worked recently as a film composer and we're very much looking forward to seeing how he continues to work Fractal into his future in the studio as well.

Here's some of what he had to say:

"The Axe-Fx II is just ridiculous. The modeling is just great, and it was really the only product of its kind that I could bond with. On tour, it’s been trouble-free and has replaced my entire rig: big stereo amps, pedals, effects, a switching rig. It’s just great…really great!"

PS: Here's a secret that you won't read elsewhere. On the first day he demo'd the unit, I sent Trevor a preset which was a Tone Match of a passage from his recent solo album, "Jacaranda". He practically plays the "Tone Match Boogie" on the album so it was a natural choice. HE LOVED IT! I converted the matches to cabs and exported it as a bundle, which I'll offer to you here shortly.

http://trevorrabin.net
http://www.arw-tour.com

View attachment 35971
Such a great artist with magnificent guitar sounds. He obviously has exceptional ears. I'm not surprised that he chose Fractal hands down over all of the other competition.

Does anyone know what Trevor uses in the intro for "I Miss You Now"?
It almost sounds like loose strings.

Trevor selected the Axe-Fx II as his main guitar rig for a triumphant return to the stage with YES bandmates Jon Anderson and Rick Wakeman, touring together as "ARW".

Congrats that he using the Axe now!
I was surprised to read that he is teaming up with his old yes mates again. I am not sure if he ever did play with Wakeman? Maybe on some tracks of 'Union'. But I think it was Tony Kaye who played with Rabin on those tracks. I think they take it a bit to far with all the Yes reincarnations now. I especially don't like it that the 'other Yes side' is still touring without Anderson and Squire (obviously). It is not getting better.

Rabin is a great player although I prefer Steve Howe in Yes. They are really different players but in my taste Howe fits much better in Yes (me being an old skool Yes fan). Never really liked the 80's Yes. Although 90125 was a good album.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom