Welcome to the new FX8 General Discussion Area

This is great news. We will have another round of butt-hurt messages like these:

1) It's too noisy
2) The switches are totally silent.
3) They are out of stock
4) How come you won't deliver to Syria?
5) It doesn't have my favorite effect.
6) Insert your favorite butt-hurt here...

If I hadn't converted completely to the AxeFX I would be all over this. 4CM seems like a dream setup with this unit.

I think it's cool that the tube guys now have a compact high performance effects floor bord. Now that we all have a buzz how about a price tag?

I need 2. Emphasis on want.

This and the plug-in based Cab Lab are the two product releases I am most excited about. Like I said many months ago, XL wasn't the improvement that was going to serve me in particular. However, if Fractal releases the next Axe and it doubles the performance of the current model, in the same way the II out-performed the Ultra, yes, I will be very interested in obtaining that rack processor.

4) How come you won't deliver to Syria?

Those deliveries will now personally be handled via Raptor F-22A.

f22_raptor_ready_to_pull_chocks_and_takeoff.jpg

I'm excited. My axe fx 2 stay in my home studio.
Live I use a mesa dual rec. Can't wait to work this into the live rig :)

Dell: The power to do more

Apple Inc.: Think Different

Intel: Leap ahead

LG: Life's Good

Microsoft: Where do you want to go today?

Samsung: Everyone's invited

Panasonic: Ideas for life

Fractal Audio Systems: Soon

;)

FAS: Upgrade your FW today, 'cause another version's coming tomorrow!

Umm, use your Axe effects section and save yourself a ton of cash??

Not exactly. The FX8 will have amp latching jacks for channel switching, reverb, effects loop of typical amps. You could get away with using the Axe FX II effects only, and an amp gizmo type device to do the latching via midi control, and also bring your midi foot controller.

Versus, just the amp and an FX 8.

Less is more.

Sure am getting antsy about this pedal, (if thats the appropriate description) seems like it would pretty much fit everything I need, except its not available, Ive got the cash and am looking at a Mark II but damned if something isnt telling me this is all I need, and at a grand less......please can I just buy this thing already ? jazzisgreat88@gmail.com please send me the notice Im still waiting and my moneys burning a hole in my pocket.

The unit is interesting (in spite of having too many switching options I don't use and lack the useful "4 preset + 4 IA mode" and other individual fooswitch config that every good MIDI controller has...). But one point call me attention as a potential deal breaker (as long as I figured the features):

The routing capabilities resume to series/parallel for each effect only (with a single series path)? No parallel multieffect paths as in AxeFX?.This would limitate the creative and "studio-like" use a lot, and reduce the sell point against the typical pedalboard as convenience and resonable cost, mainly.

I think freedom to route the 8 effects in parallel series paths would be faaaar better (as in AxeFX editor).

This is, for me, the big "plus", as in premium units (i.e. Eventide, Lexicon, and even the G-Force). If not present, the unit is still attractive, for the reasons already mentioned, but with much less differential in the market.

I mean, you cannot put a effect block in the delay repeats only? A complex but clear "ambient pad" preset without parallel series paths is very limited too...

Disapointing, coming from the AxeFX creators. Hope they can revise this in a new firmware.

Sorry for my poor english.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom