Welcome to the New Cab-Lab and Cab-Lab Live Subforum

FractalAudio

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Which begs the question... what is Cab-Lab Live?

Cab-Lab Live is our upcoming real-time IR processor, audition and mixing utility. Cab-Lab Live allows auditioning single IRs or mixes of IRs on your PC or Mac. It can be used as a plug-in in DAW software or as a stand-alone program. Up to 8 IRs may be mixed and the results auditioned instantly through your PCs audio interface (or the Axe-Fx II if configured as your interface).

When used standalone the resulting mix can be exported to the Axe-Fx II. Exported IRs can be normal or UltraRes.

The general workflow is this for standalone mode:
1. Turn off the Cab block in your Axe-Fx II.
2. Start Cab-Lab Live.
3. Select up to 8 IRs to mix. File types can be .wav, .ir or non-UltraRes sysex files.
4. Mix the IRs to obtain your ideal tone.
5. Export the resulting mix to a user cab slot in the Axe-Fx II.

In plug-in mode:
1. Run Cab-Lab Live plug-in.
2. Select up to 8 IRs to mix. File types can be .wav, .ir or non-UltraRes sysex files.
3. Mix the IRs to obtain your ideal tone.

Excellent. I've been thinking that the original cab lab did this and I was doing something wrong. Even posted about my confusion. Anyways, I'm sure looking forward to playing with this.

Sweet then add in those high cut low cut eq type parameters to finalize the ir!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious how this will work with auditioning from the DAW.

Anyway, does this also imply that AxeEdit is close to being a DAW plugin as well (not for audio of course...)?

Last edited:
1. doesn't work with UltraRes IRs

The initial post already states that it works with ultra-res. I'm sure that this could be a partial point of the software that people outside of using the axe-fx ii could buy this software and use ultra-res ir's with their other setups and when recording in their DAW's. Reaching a wider market and such.

The initial post already states that it works with ultra-res.

The wording confused me. I guess the ".ir" file mentioned can be the longer ir format to take advantage of the UltraRes export. So the only thing it doesn't support is UltraRes sysex files for mixing.

Exported IRs can be normal or UltraRes.
3. Select up to 8 IRs to mix. File types can be .wav, .ir or non-UltraRes sysex files.
2. Select up to 8 IRs to mix. File types can be .wav, .ir or non-UltraRes sysex files.

Which begs the question... what is Cab-Lab Live?

Cab-Lab Live is our upcoming real-time IR processor, audition and mixing utility. Cab-Lab Live allows auditioning single IRs or mixes of IRs on your PC or Mac. It can be used as a plug-in in DAW software or as a stand-alone program. Up to 8 IRs may be mixed and the results auditioned instantly through your PCs audio interface (or the Axe-Fx II if configured as your interface).

When used standalone the resulting mix can be exported to the Axe-Fx II. Exported IRs can be normal or UltraRes.

The general workflow is this for standalone mode:
1. Turn off the Cab block in your Axe-Fx II.
2. Start Cab-Lab Live.
4. Mix the IRs to obtain your ideal tone.
5. Export the resulting mix to a user cab slot in the Axe-Fx II.

In plug-in mode:
1. Run Cab-Lab Live plug-in.
3. Mix the IRs to obtain your ideal tone.

it will be a part of new Cab-Lab version or it's a new Cab-Lab bifurcation ??

I'm really looking forward to this. Now I can listen to the entire mix and try different cabinets until I get the right one for that task.

The real question is, "when?". Minus 10,000 points from your score if you say "soon".

The wording confused me. I guess the ".ir" file mentioned can be the longer ir format to take advantage of the UltraRes export. So the only thing it doesn't support is UltraRes sysex files for mixing.

It doesn't support UltraRes sysex files for mixing but you don't need them. Whenever you use Cab-Lab to capture an IR it creates a .ir file. Third parties are required by the terms of the commercial license to include .ir files if they are producing UltraRes files. So you would never have a situation where you don't have either a .wav or .ir file for an associated UltraRes sysex file.

Back
Top Bottom