Welcome to the New Cab-Lab and Cab-Lab Live Subforum

wwwWWwWWWWwwoooOooooOOOOOooowwWww... can'wait!!!
and... aehmmm Sir... 4band parametri EQ with variable Q? ... 16 band graphic EQ? ... some mixable verb IRs??? (yeaaahh into the cab mix!!)... maybe... some level adjustement like say... normalize...

Cab Lab Live sound like a tool I'll use almost if not daily in the studio - another win for FAS.

Thanks Cliff and Team FAS for making these great tools

So another potential application of this software is Amp Head -> Loadbox -> Cab-Lab Live, right?

Yeah yeah, I know load boxes never output perfect representations of the signals going into them, but still, it seems like this could be a great tool for silently recording real amps too.

I have a question for Cliff and the Terrific Team!

If we're to receive this as a plug-in as well, which doesn't send the mixed IRs to the Axe, will the supported IR length be extended as well? I understand that if an IR is to be sent to the Axe that the length would be truncated to the Axe's supported length, but if the IR is only used in plug-in mode, then couldn't it remain at the original capture length? I was thinking about the Amp Factory IRs I have and how FANTASTIC it would be to be able to use the room IRs which can be up to 600ms captures. Thanks!

Last edited:
So another potential application of this software is Amp Head -> Loadbox -> Cab-Lab Live, right?

Yeah yeah, I know load boxes never output perfect representations of the signals going into them, but still, it seems like this could be a great tool for silently recording real amps too.

I would like to know this as well thanks.

Yes. You'd need to insert "-> Audio Interface ->" in between "Loadbox" and "Cab-Lab Live", and Cab-Lab Live might need to be running as a plugin in a DAW, but yes.

Unlikely. But if you know someone with a second AF you could shoot an IR of the factory cabs you like.

2 Axe FX's not necessary. Use my IR Mixer preset to "Tone Match" them. Shoot just 1 internal IR, or mix up to 4. you can include mic sims, low and high cut, Cliff's "delay one IR by 0.060 ms" thing.

Everything is all set up in the "Tone Match" block for you. Also, the match will be saved (and recognized) as an "Ultra-res" IR. Uses less CPU than a "standard" IR does in "Hi-res" mode.

Attachments

• UR IR Mixer (Parallel).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 40
Oh Joy, I just crawled out from under my rock and I am super psyched about this.
Real Time Cab processing/mixing = instant gratification, the American way. :)

Back
Top Bottom