Welcome Paul Masvidal and Tymon of Cynic

Tom King

Experienced
Fractal Audio Welcomes Paul Masvidal and Tymon of Cynic to our growing list of artists.

Guitarist, vocalist, and founding member of the band Cynic, Paul Masvidal, and Cynic guitarist Tymon have taken to using the Axe-Fx to create their inimitable style of Death/Prog/Metal fusion.

Paul told us, "The Axe-Fx does everything well, but most importantly it articulates the science of great tone with an organic sensibility and utter precision”

Tymon had this to say:

“I've always loved the concept of having your entire rig in one unit and with the Axe-FX I can have that without compromising in tone or versatility. The kind of music I play requires a lot of completely different sounds and approaches, the Axe-FX pulls this off with great ease!”

Learn more at http://www.FractalAudio.com and http://www.cyniconline.com/

Big fan of Cynic here. Even back from the Focus days in the early 90's.

I'm curious as to what gets artists on the Fractal website. I know Masvidal has been using the Axe-FX for about two years now. They've been touring with them in their live rig since then too. I think Fredrik Thordendal and Mårten Hagström from Meshuggah have had them for a while and they should be up on that page as well! :D

guess it's got a lot to do with legalities and all that jazz. people in endorsements still getting checks etc..

Great to see the Cynic guys as "official" artists. Great live band as well. But what I want to know is how can Paul sing and play some of those riffs at the same time?! Looking forward to picking up Re-Traced when I have the chance!

YES! I knew that they used Fractal Audio equipment through the P.A at live shows, but its fantastic that they are on the home team now. :)

Awesome! Really glad and proud to be part of the Fractal family! It only makes sense, I've been in love with the Axe-FX for nearly 3 years now and I'm still amazed by the quality of this product.

jleader said:
Great to see the Cynic guys as "official" artists. Great live band as well. But what I want to know is how can Paul sing and play some of those riffs at the same time?! Looking forward to picking up Re-Traced when I have the chance!

+1

There's a clip I think from when they did their reunion thing of them playing Evolutionary Sleeper, and he plays the main verse riff while singing and with his eyes closed. Like WTF man? Are you doing that to take the piss?! :lol:

Hey Tymon... any chance of seeing that patch for the crazy Asurim solo? ;)

Great News! The list is growing and I doubt it is going to stop. Cliff has created a monster.

I have been a huge Cynic fan for years. I would love to get a hold of some of those patches :oops:

congrats Tymon!

seems a long time ago we were hanging out on the old allan holdsworth forum. so glad things are going well for you!

i'll be picking up my ultra in the next few weeks....can't wait!

sim

Tymon said:
Hey Simeon! Long time ago! How are you? So you've also made the jump into the Axe-FX world, nice!

very well mate, thank you

not quite there yet with the axe...still selling of gear to afford it...soon though!

sim

i am currently playing a mark v with my steinberger gm4s...seriously gas'ing for an axe fx..is there a big difference between the ii and the ultra?...i can find the ultras alot cheaper and would feel more comfortable in that price range...however, are there much better rhythm tones in the newer ones?....i know btbam and petrucci play them but they are just using them for effects to my understanding..but lincoln brewster (big christian artist) uses them for every sound...this gas will get the better of me at some point..i can feel it coming...by the way...tymon, you are awesome..im a big fan of Cynic and saw you jamming with them...good stuff bro..you rip it up

Back
Top Bottom