Welcome JOE SATRIANI to the Fractal Audio Systems artist roster!

If i wasn't already dead set on getting an axe fx a few months ago, this would've pushed me over the edge. If it's good enough for satriani, it's good enough for me

Satriani was a huge influence on me!

Secretly we are very good friends. He doesn't know about it.

Welcome to the family!

Last edited:
Wow so cool and the Guitar Gods keep coming to Fractal!
Do you think we'll get some Satch settings sometime soon?
Like The Satchurator, or Ice9?

Here is my story with Satriani.

I studied classical guitar since I was 9 (mid 80s, in Hungary, the fence was still up between west and east) and I mainly listened to pop stuff at the time. I got into my first band and started playing electric guitar at 14, but no pedals only straight into friend's keyboard amp. So I was not into rock and only guitar instrumental music I heard was the Shadows.
At 15 I started to learn from a friend's book "Heavy Metal Lead Guitar"
I recognized that I love rock, but not the rock singing (at the time).

So I had an Idea: I wanted to create a new style (Yeah I know, I was 15...) some kind of instrumental rock music. I was so happy with that idea.

One day we went to shoot some pool and the owner put some music on.
I was about to shoot, when I heard a music, that I have never heard and it was exactly what I wanted to play.
I froze and I could not move. I was just listening (Surfing with the Alien).
I ran up to the owner and asked what this music was. He said Joe Satriani.

I didn't know anybody who had his music, so I lost him for a while.

Couple of years later I saw his new record in the local CD store. CD was a new thing back then and we could not afford it.
It was before Christmas and I kept going back to the store to "sample listen to the album"
When I heard the first song "Friends" it was like finding my Zen place.
I asked my parents to buy that expensive CD even though we didn't have a CD player :D

Since then we are very good "Friends". (he doesn't know)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom