Welcome Hershel Yatovitz of the Chris Isaak Band

Admin M@

Administrator
Fractal Audio Systems
Fractal Audio Systems is proud to welcome Hershel Yatovitz, lead guitarist for Chris Isaak, to the family of artists using the Axe-Fx II.

I've spoken to Hershel several times in the last few weeks as he settled in to the unit (most recently, today, as he prepared for an Axe-Fx only session where he'll use the Axe-Fx II to simultaneously record dry guitar, amp sim with cab, and amp sim with cab + FX). What a great guy! Can't wait to see these guys play live next time they come around.

Here's what Hershel emailed after getting into the unit:

"Well, I have spent some time with the Axe FX II. I am thoroughly blown away with the sound, feel, fidelity and accurateness, it truly lives up to all of the praise and then some! With the latest firmware, Fractal Audio has, for the first time in history, matched and even beaten the old school effects, tubes, speakers and microphones approach with digital technology. Not only have they created a device which captures the nuance, mojo and fidelity of the real thing, but it's like having hundreds of real things, stock and custom, in two rack spaces. It is soulful, rich and alive. To me the Fractal Audio Axe FX II is the new real thing."

-Hershel Yatovitz, lead guitarist for Chris Isaak

artist_hershel_yatovitz.567797d1ce7b92673a02c66a9be9caf75.jpg

OH MY GOD YES! Welcome Hershel! I've been a fan for many years now.

Tell me he used my Wicked Game patch? Man, if ever there was a reason to update it for the v10 firmware!

Last edited:
Welcome!

Means quite a lot that a "roots" artist has joined the roster of Fractal artists.

I've seen Hershel twice in the last year down here in Austin playing with Mr. Isaak.

He is a badazz player. Glad he's in the clan!

There's a Jewish name if ever i heard one. Ima go czech him out.

Edit: I remember Chris Isaak now. Love the shimmering clean guitars in his music.

Wow, you are getting all my favorite guitar players. I have seen Chris Isaak at least three times, in the last 20 years. He's going to love the Delay's and reverbs. Welcome Hershel, you made a great choice.

I love this, Hershel Yatovitz is an amazing player.
His tone is just perfect.
My music is always put in the roots rock genre, it is nice to see a like minded player using the Axe.
For me this is the coolest endorsement to date.

Today, on the phone while we were setting up some output 2 routing, Hershel said...

"Matt, I am sitting here in this room full of incredible vintage amps using your Axe-Fx, and not missing them one bit. This thing sounds incredible!"

I think we are going to feature him in an upcoming ad in Vintage Guitar. (If you get that magazine by the way, watch for our ad in the next issue.)

That has been my experience as well, I have been selling off a bunch of my vintage amps and feeling ok about it.
When Cliff did his thing with my a swart AST everything changed for me, I still going to keep the Swart but a lot of other amps are flying out the door.

Today, on the phone while we were setting up some output 2 routing, Hershel said...

"Matt, I am sitting here in this room full of incredible vintage amps using your Axe-Fx, and not missing them one bit. This thing sounds incredible!"

I think we are going to feature him in an upcoming ad in Vintage Guitar. (If you get that magazine by the way, watch for our ad in the next issue.)

Welcome the family Hershel! I am really looking forward to seeing/hearing how you utilize the Axe with your impressive skills!

Back
Top Bottom