Welcome: FC Controllers!

Future expansion. Currently it does nothing but in the future we may enable it so it can be a "USB MIDI Controller".
It would be nice to be able to connect my ipad for sending midi PC to the FC. Allowing applications like OnSong to recall PC’s per song. Like on the RJM GT series.

It would be nice to be able to connect my ipad for sending midi PC to the FC. Allowing applications like OnSong to recall PC’s per song. Like on the RJM GT series.
The FC is not midi... I assume you mean for passing Midi to the Axe Fx?

you can connect any MIDI devices directly to the Axe-Fx III.

The FC is not midi... I assume you mean for passing Midi to the Axe Fx?
I thought passing usb midi out from the iPad to usb midi in on the FC, when midi usb will be implemented. Admin just talked about usb midi for future use of the USB port.

I thought passing usb midi out from the iPad to usb midi in on the FC, when midi usb will be implemented. Admin just talked about usb midi for future use of the USB port.
Right... I'm assuming that is just passing the Midi stream to the Axe Fx. In any case, I think that is your intended use, anyway.

I use my GT16 this way, as I change song in OnSong it sends a PC to the GT which gets me the right Axe preset. I only need a short usb cable between iPad and GT. Very handy, I don’t need to think what preset I need per song, it’s all automated.

Just to clarify does daisy chaining mean they act as one big unit (so two fc12 would behave as a fc24?), or just you have two independent fc12s sharing a connection?

I was thinking that you would put a screw up through the bottom of the board into the recessed pem nuts in the feet.

Okay; that is a good solution. But let's say I would like to use 3M Lock Tape (or velcro) to put the FC-x to a flat board; can you dismantle the "side-feet"?

A comment on the 16-gauge steel that the FCs are built with...

In 7th grade shop class, I built a sheet-metal lock box. The instructor told me to use 18-gauge steel, because anything heavier would be hard to work with. I figured, “Screw that. It’s a lock box, right? It’s supposed to be tough.” So I used 16-gauge steel. It was a bitch to build, but I got it done, and it worked.

On the last day of class, we got our projects back. One of the school hard-asses decided to screw up my day. He grabbed it away from me and started banging on it. He finally gave up. I walked out with my intact lock box under my arm and a smile on my face. If I’d built it lighter, it would have crumpled.

So yeah, 16-gauge steel is pretty rugged. :)

That’s excites me. That saves a few centimeters of space as well, possibly allowing for a 24” board once my expression pedal is attached.

Based on the looks of it (see picture), you won't get the full width of the end caps back.

upload_2018-11-26_10-6-12.png

Can anyone provide the width with end caps removed? My pedal board is seriously only a centimeter or so from being able to support the FC-12. It just won't fit with the current width, so this information would make a huge difference in my decision.

I use my GT16 this way, as I change song in OnSong it sends a PC to the GT which gets me the right Axe preset. I only need a short usb cable between iPad and GT. Very handy, I don’t need to think what preset I need per song, it’s all automated.

I wish I had the patience to learn how to do this!

Based on the looks of it (see picture), you won't get the full width of the end caps back.

View attachment 50853

Can anyone provide the width with end caps removed? My pedal board is seriously only a centimeter or so from being able to support the FC-12. It just won't fit with the current width, so this information would make a huge difference in my decision.

Ya, I am in the same boat. LOVE the look, but in order to velcro AND fit onto a 24" board with an expression pedal, every millimeter counts!

Back
Top Bottom