Weird Volume Swell on Presets

Hello, Upgraded to 12.01 and I notice an unnatural volume swell on presets, it happens on many but I've noticed preset 9 and 11 this happens on. I can't figure out what's causing this? I also used headphones to see if it's the output. I disconnected my midi controller(Rocktron Midimate). So i know it's in the AXE FX2. I assume it's some effect that's on or a gate, but I can't pinpoint it? Immediately when I pick a note the volume goes down. When I release you can hear the volume come back up. Many other presets are fine. Any ideas on how to solve this?

There is a built in gate in every preset.

In Axe-edit Click on Input (on the left side of the grid). It will bring up the Gate settings. Adjust them to your liking there. If you turn the threshold all the way down, it will turn off the gate and gain you a couple of CPU points.

On the Axe-fx itself you will find it in the Layout menu in the IN/GTE tab.

how is your Input Gate set? it's in the Layout menu, page right 1 or 2 times (i forgot!).

Threshold doesn't do anything. I hit a string/chord on my guitar volume goes way down, let the note sustain and volume comes back up??? Just been having the gate set stock, haven't adjusted it at all, except to see if it helped my problem.

Threshold doesn't do anything. I hit a string/chord on my guitar volume goes way down, let the note sustain and volume comes back up??? Just been having the gate set stock, haven't adjusted it at all, except to see if it helped my problem.

Is there a compressor on those presets?

Check the dynamics and comp knobs in the amp block. I was using axe edit one night and somehow the dynamics knob in the global 1 amp block turned up to 100% ... This could be your problem

Back
Top Bottom