Weird issue with Wah block on Preset 117

Justmc

Inspired
Just got my unit and was fooling with the factory presets . Not sure if this happens on other presets but on 117 it does . When I shut down unit with # 117 running and reboot the wah block is engaged and I am unable to bypass it from front panel . If I use value knob to go to another preset and then return to it the wah is disengaged . I have no pedals attached. Just front input cable and output to amp .Will investigate further with different presets. Any info would be helpful ... Thanks

As per original post No ..Same issue on preset 110 . Seems to be a global problem . Thanks Chris

Condition exist with any factory preset that has a Wah block . When unit is powered down and re-powered up wah block is engaged . Thanks for all the work you put into this amazing product Chris ...Instructional videos = Awesome

What is the wah block set to in the preset — pedal 1, or external 1? Does changing that make a difference for the problem?

It was set as Pedal 1 . Changed it to External 1 saved preset and Wah is OFF after reboot as expected .

It only corrected the edited preset . Since it is a new unit should I restore firmware or hard boot somehow ?

It sounds like the same thing as the Axe-FX II, where an unused pedal port set to continuous is read as 100%, which triggers position-style autoengage (with off val <50%).

A quick solution on the II is to temporarily set the Ext Ctrl to "none" when no pedal is connected. If Pedal 1 etc. are chosen directly in the modifier source list that probably isn't an option now on the III. You may want to try changing Pedal 1 type to "latching", then see if this occurs after rebooting.

Your other options are to edit something e.g. choose SPD auto-engage style, different source, delete modifier or delete wah block. Or make/connect a plug that's read as a pedal at 0% if you want to keep the presets unchanged.

It only corrected the edited preset . Since it is a new unit should I restore firmware or hard boot somehow ?
No. Just change the pedal assignment to external 1 instead of pedal 1 for any presets you find this one as an issue.

Seems to be an issue with every factory preset that has a Wah block . Why would it only happen initially on boot but correct itself after moving to a different preset and and then returning back to same ? When I first turned on unit it sounded terrible not realizing that the Wah block was engaged . Had a Standard and a II . Went through lots of issues configuring Wah blocks under different scenarios . Hoping for some Global fix . Can anybody else confirm this ? Thanks

Why would it only happen initially on boot but correct itself after moving to a different preset and and then returning back to same ?

This seems like the same thing as pedal port with init. value 0% on the Axe II.

Source value is 0% at power-on, preset is loaded, pedal port monitoring begins, value jumps to 100% and enagages wah. If it stays off on later presets they're probably set to SPD type autoengage, or POS type works slightly differently on the III.

Had the same thing happen to me on the Friedman patch I modified. Turned the Axe on this morning and couldn’t figure out why the tone was so honkey for a brief moment, went into the grid and the Wah block was engaged and it wouldn’t let me bypass it. Switched presets back and forth and it was off after going back

Had the same thing happen to me the Friedman patch I modified. Turned the Axe on this morning and couldn’t figure out why the tone was so honked for a brief moment, went into the grid and the Wah block was engaged and it wouldn’t let me bypass it. Switched presets back and forth and it was off after going back
Thanks for confirming my findings...

This seems like the same thing as pedal port with init. value 0% on the Axe II.

Source value is 0% at power-on, preset is loaded, pedal port monitoring begins, value jumps to 100% and enagages wah. If it stays off on later presets they're probably set to SPD type autoengage, or POS type works slightly differently on the III.
It appears to be acting as you described. I was able to correct that issue on the II globally . I see no such option on the III .

Factory presets with pedal-controlled wah block may have been assigned to Pedal 1 (which is the pedal jacknon back of Axe III) as opposed to External 1. Probably most prevalent in Bank A.

For any preset causing an issue, Switch it to External 1, save it, and see if that fixes the issue.

Maybe Cliff can change next firmware to change default to 0 instead of 100. Or I can go through the Factory banks and set the wah block to external 1 for all of them. Some people use external 1 for volume and external 2 for wah, so it can vary.

Thanks for the follow up . Surprised the Global page does not address this . I know when I set up 2 EV-2's on my MFC (1-volume, 1-wah ) I had to to make global changes if the MFC was sometimes not connected. Not sure how this will all unravel once the FC's are available and pedal's connected . Maybe thats why a global setting is omitted?

Back
Top Bottom