Weird Issue With Sound Cutting Out

Eliju

Experienced
I was playing earlier and suddenly the sound would kind of make a low clunk and then cut out for a second. It happened a few times and then it totally cut out and all the output LEDs lit up, even channels turned all the way down on the front panel. I reset and tried different presets with no issue, but went back to that preset and it started cutting out again.

The preset was the Austin Buddy red3ch-dualrectifier v12 I think it started when i went to the Neutral Lead scene. The preset was totally unaltered by me. I'm not sure what would cause the issue, but it only did it on that preset. If anyone has the naked amps pack and can try that preset let me know what happens.

I was playing earlier and suddenly the sound would kind of make a low clunk and then cut out for a second. It happened a few times and then it totally cut out and all the output LEDs lit up, even channels turned all the way down on the front panel. I reset and tried different presets with no issue, but went back to that preset and it started cutting out again.

The preset was the Austin Buddy red3ch-dualrectifier v12 I think it started when i went to the Neutral Lead scene. The preset was totally unaltered by me. I'm not sure what would cause the issue, but it only did it on that preset. If anyone has the naked amps pack and can try that preset let me know what happens.
I had a similar drop out issue with a preset that included only an amp block and cab block that originated from an Austin Buddy preset. Different amp block (JTM 45), and I didn't note the LED weirdness - but audio drops were prevalent. Will drive one a bit crazy trying to figure out what's going on, when the issue isn't consistent across presets. I suspect that some of the AB presets began with old amp blocks that may not have been updated following firmware revisions that required amp block resets, but that's just a guess. Suggest you try replacing the amp block with a new amp block (after noting settings in your current block).

I posted something similar in the 12.08 beta firmware thread. My issue was with the 2Chn DualRectifier v12 preset in the scene called 'SmolderSolo OrangeNormal", specifically the Recto1 Orange Normal model. I reverted to a previous firmware and all is well.

What Firmware are you running?

I had a similar drop out issue with a preset that included only an amp block and cab block that originated from an Austin Buddy preset. Different amp block (JTM 45), and I didn't note the LED weirdness - but audio drops were prevalent. Will drive one a bit crazy trying to figure out what's going on, when the issue isn't consistent across presets. I suspect that some of the AB presets began with old amp blocks that may not have been updated following firmware revisions that required amp block resets, but that's just a guess. Suggest you try replacing the amp block with a new amp block (after noting settings in your current block).

Interesting... I'll have to try that regarding a similar issue. Thanks!

I posted something similar in the 12.08 beta firmware thread. My issue was with the 2Chn DualRectifier v12 preset in the scene called 'SmolderSolo OrangeNormal", specifically the Recto1 Orange Normal model. I reverted to a previous firmware and all is well.

What Firmware are you running?
My issue began, as far as I could tell, with the 12.08 beta FW. Like you, I reverted to 12.07 and haven't run into additional issues since. However, given that I'd saved the offending present in 12.08 beta, it isn't visible on the revert to 12.07 - so I don't have the option of using it. Out of sight, out of mind, I suppose . . .

My issue began, as far as I could tell, with the 12.08 beta FW. Like you, I reverted to 12.07 and haven't run into additional issues since. However, given that I'd saved the offending present in 12.08 beta, it isn't visible on the revert to 12.07 - so I don't have the option of using it. Out of sight, out of mind, I suppose . . .
Thanks for the response! That's very helpful and I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who had an issue. I guess we'll have to wait until the FW is out of Beta and, if the issue still exists, reach out to the vendor as @FractalAudio suggested.

I'm hoping that, if it is a beta FW issue, it will be resolved in the next non-beta release. Otherwise, I'm going to be using new amp blocks in all of my presets on a go-forward basis.

I'm hoping that, if it is a beta FW issue, it will be resolved in the next non-beta release. Otherwise, I'm going to be using new amp blocks in all of my presets on a go-forward basis.
I think Austin Buddy will make the necessary fixes or at least advise us on how to handle things. I know that he only supports official releases though, so we'll have to wait and see what comes out of the pipeline for the next official release. Could be 12.08 or, as some have speculated, could be 13.x . Whatever it is, I'm sure that it will be good and that Austin Buddy will pivot as needed. Thanks again!

AB did confirm that he doesn't support beta and advised to use a stable version. I first noticed the issue on the newest beta. That being said, there's got to be a common denominator among all the presets where people have had this issue and maybe it's what you're saying. Isn't there a way to reset a block but maintain the settings? I've seen talk of it, but I never had to do it.

I’m on the latest beta & I’ve experienced some random lowering of volume & at the same time tone getting extremely muffled while playing certain presets. I believe these are some presets from the AFX2 converted by fractool into my AFX3. They”ll be perfectly fine & then suddenly the volume drops a lot, gets muffled & then back to normal.

I’m on the latest beta & I’ve experienced some random lowering of volume & at the same time tone getting extremely muffled while playing certain presets. I believe these are some presets from the AFX2 converted by fractool into my AFX3. They”ll be perfectly fine & then suddenly the volume drops a lot, gets muffled & then back to normal.
Possible you have a Wah that's auto engage? Maybe a flaky pot or cable or connection triggering?

Try replacing the amp block with a new amp block (keeping track of your current settings before you do). I created a new preset with a current JTM45 block and (so far) haven't had any additional drop issues.

Back
Top Bottom