Weird issue, anyone care to double-check?

jlynnb1

Axe-Master
Setting up my patches for the weekend, using my normal 4CM template into a Matchless HC30 and my drives all sound off, but especially the FAS Boost...it's super dark, which is never the case. Has the hi-cut always defaulted to like 1650? that just seems really low. It's usually big and open sounding and it's far from it. Weirdest thing....

Your drives all sound off in one preset or all presets (even older ones)?

....but especially the FAS Boost...it's super dark, which is never the case. Has the hi-cut always defaulted to like 1650? that just seems really low....

I'm running 7.00 Beta and the Fast Boost's High-Cut frequency is 1550 Hz. Whether or not that has changed since the last firmware, I don't know, but it sounds the same as always to me. Not dark at all.

I wouldn't go by the number of the frequencies too much though. They seem to vary from Drive to Drive in relation to how they sound. For example, last night I was experimenting with the AC Booster (Esoteric ACB) and had to bring the Low-Cut frequency up to 1000 Hz to seemingly match the bass cut of the T808 OD, who's Low-Cut default is 700 Hz. With the Low-Cut of the AC Booster at a matching 700 Hz (it's default, if I can trust my memory), there was to much flub getting through, as compared with the T808 OD. This seems to be true when comparing many of the Drives with one another, with both the Low and High-Cut frequencies.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom