Weird high end noise

Beyond

I am new to all this modeling so it's probably user not unit...Axe 2 XL.

I'm getting a high end reverb ish hiss like snare drum strainer like sound. I hit a cord and stop/mute the strings and the noise is present and fades out quickly. This is happening on all MY patches for different amps. It comes out of out 1 to mixer and out 2 to matrix and real 4x12 rector cab. Fx loop is pre reverb and cab ir. All fx blocks are bypassed so I'm guessing amp. Stock cabs cause I'm not that advanced yet. Also Q8.01 installed.

Just wondering if you guys could help out. Any suggestions are appreciated!!!

Last edited:
Will check that out at jam...i was getting some hiss out of matrix and real cab and did turn that up...
I just inserted a fx loop block and never did edit anything there. The matrix gt1000 was up half way at 8 ohms into rector cab and was just ok for jam. The front dial on axe fx was pinned for out 2. I was expecting more power than that...unless this is where the problem lies.

Not just your strings resonate longer between the nut and the tuners? Same thing but with the bridge, or have you got a trem, if so, then it could be the springs of the trem.

I guess You just hear everything cleaner than ever.

Just my 2.- HuF :)

Playing a 72 L.P. Custom all Stock, so no trem...and I'm muting the strings both at the pups and on the neck.

Ya the axe is stellar...super pristine tone and sustain like crazy.

Couple questions:

-Did this exist before? If not, then what changed (cables/add mixer, etc?) If NOTHING changed, I would first guess that it's power at your space, and next time you fire it up it won't be there (or it will come and go and you'll be scratching your head.)
-Getting an RF from something? Does it ONLY happen at the hall? Try another guitar first, then bypass/swap each thing in the chain until you find what's singing there.

This happens to me occasionally, without fail it goes away the next time I fire it up.

Don't think it's power cause power conditioner is registering fine on meter.

Not sure if it was there before cause mixed at home low volume...ya I know not good but just wanted to rough in a ball park.

Will switch guitars and also try at home higher volume when I bring the rig back this weekend.

I've been getting a high pitch after tone resonance that turned out to be the strings above the nut so I put some foam under the strings on the headstock and that fixed it. Three of my guitars were doing it but others weren't. I've never had this before, could it be emphasized somehow with the Axe Fx I wonder?

Wow...I can see that cause this is basically di and being as sensitive and clear as it is all these little nuances are now coming though. I will try damping too .

I've been getting a high pitch after tone resonance that turned out to be the strings above the nut so I put some foam under the strings on the headstock and that fixed it. Three of my guitars were doing it but others weren't. I've never had this before, could it be emphasized somehow with the Axe Fx I wonder?
You da man. Had this problem for months and did the same.
Seems the issue is more pronounced in later FW.

This happens to me occasionally, without fail it goes away the next time I fire it up.
Yep ... I've had it happen a few times too. But as you say - come back a different time with same guitar, same preset , same location ... doesn't do it again.

I put it down to noise gate and slightly sloppy right hand muting because if i just didn't even hit the strings with a pick and simply did a right hand mute at the bridge it still gave a little high pitched whistle as I lifted ...... maybe I was just carrying a lot of static at the time.

Well guys...at jam I sorta figured it out. It's the gate doing what it suppose to do! It has a quick release to just let sustain through or when quickly muting to clamp shut. So it was the white noise for a brief moment then a solid clamp shut to silence.

This is all coming out of out2 to matrix and recto 4x12. Brought the racks home and will connect to the studio mixer. Funny thing is I don't remember this much hiss if any at all coming from the amp SIM in the first place when I set it up. It could be the matrix hissing as I had to have it half way and was just barely heard at jam. Well part 1 figured out now on to part 2...lol

Thanks for all your recommendation which gave me a list to go through and trouble shoot.

Back
Top Bottom