Weird experience with my AX8

hurtwoodec

Hey all, my Ax8 has been mysteriously jamming up randomly. The lights stay on but the switches are frozen, i get some sound thru the unit but my volue pedal in defeated and inoperable. It all resets fine after a quick power off and back on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Btw it didnt happen before the latest Ax8 edit update...................weird.

You might want to post a response to the AX8 Edit update thread if you think this issue began with the update. You also didn't mention whether the problem only happens when AX8 Edit is running. There's also this from the update thread: "In general after updating: If AX8-Edit does not connect to your AX8, manually de-select and re-select the ports under Settings: Preferences: General" - so that might be something to try.

Maybe it’s like the “iPhone Curse” ... where a new model of iPhone is coming out and mysteriously the old iPhones start acting up prompting you to get a new one. FM3 might be here soon.....

Does that happen on only a single preset, or has your issue shown up on several presets??

If it's only a single preset try to re-create it to a fresh preset instance and see what happens; may just be a corrupt preset.

I had a weird jamming up when I turned it on today. The IN2 & "Edited, Midi In, Main Out & FX Send" lights stay and the "Drive" control light is maxed out. The switches were frozen and didn't light up. Turning it off & off a bunch of times did NOTHING. It would make usable sound on the frozen patch so I was stuck for one patch for rehearsal. I left the unit turned on b/c the one patch worked. I came back later & it was working OK after 40 mins. What is up w/that??? Checking the threads and the first choice is to delete & reenter a corrupt patch. I might delete some of the patches I'm not using if it is a memory issue problem. I've had the unit since April 2016 & this is the first issue ever as its been really reliable --- until now.
20190825_093046[1].jpg

I had this as well, when the AX8 was connected to my computer via USB. A restart didn't fix it. So I turned off, removed USB and turned it back on and it was fixed and never occured again.

Mine is currently stuck in this condition and didn't self reset as it did yesterday and its now stuck on the last used preset which is different than the one it was stuck on before. Gonna send this to support and I have to try a factory reset. Kinda sucks.

I have never had an issue with my AX8, but threads like this make me realize, I need to do a backup. I would be seriously bummed if I had to do a hard reset.

Mine is currently stuck in this condition and didn't self reset as it did yesterday and its now stuck on the last used preset which is different than the one it was stuck on before. Gonna send this to support and I have to try a factory reset. Kinda sucks.

So yours wont reset by power cycling the unit?

Nope. Mother board failure. Supposed to get it back from Fractal (New Hampshire) tomorrow. $180 later not counting my shipping costs to send it to them.

Back
Top Bottom