Weird Delay/Latency? Issue?

Hey guys,
So, I am working with an axe 2xl, and a mac. When things are working correctly, I have no noticeable latency issues. However, quite often the delay from hitting a string to a noise coming out in Logic Pro x is several seconds. If i unplug my usb cable and plug it back in, it seems to reset it. It may then work fine for 2 hrs...or 2 minutes. When it's working, I'm able to record, and all is well in the universe, but it's a bit annoying to lose a piece in the middle of a take because of the weird delay of sound.
Forgive me if I should already know wtf is causing this, but I can't seem to find anything on the forum or elsewhere to address it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Just some guesses: If you have a choice of ports on computer for a direct usb to motherboard vs ports that go through an internal usb bridge, maybe try the direct ones. Avoid using other USB devices. Maybe search for bugs with your usb drivers or BIOS in your computer. Maybe disable WiFi is you are using it, and run minimal necessary programs while recording.

If there are updates for your music software, try that?

All else fails, monitor directly out from AxeFX rather than through the computer (which is probably a better strategy anyways) and see if the latency is present in the recording?

If you have a way to see the waveform while you are recording a track, do you see the waveform soon after you hit the note, then hear the audio a few seconds later? Or is the display of the waveform delayed and in sync with what you hear?

Try to isolate whether it is problem with usb vs the monitoring function in your sound card, vs audio recording/mixing software, vs. funky audio plugins.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom