Weird AX8 glitch

mayones69

Hello, so recently I have been running into an issue when I plug my AX8 in to my macbook via USB, it bypasses several things in my signal chain will not let me bring them back in. I am assuming this is something to do with my midi settings on my computer but if anyone has had this issue before I could use some help figuring it out, thanks.

Do you have a DAW running?

The computer by itself should not affect midi, it has to be some program you are running.

Just a guess... but the USB connection itself uses CPU resources. I'm wondering if your preset is "on the edge" of CPU use, and the USB connection pushes it "over the edge" enough to cause the bypass some blocks?

It happens with every single preset. When I try to load up AX8 Edit, I get a popup that tells me it "was unable to complete a communication request: Query Block States: preset_query_cpu_usage." The don't remember turning anything off or on and I haven't had this problem until recently. I am running through Logic Pro X.

It happens with every single preset. When I try to load up AX8 Edit, I get a popup that tells me it "was unable to complete a communication request: Query Block States: preset_query_cpu_usage." The don't remember turning anything off or on and I haven't had this problem until recently. I am running through Logic Pro X.
Does the problem go away if Logic is not running?

My AX8 works fine without the USB plugged into the computer. As soon as my computer recognizes the AX8, things start getting weird even if I have Logic closed.

My AX8 works fine without the USB plugged into the computer. As soon as my computer recognizes the AX8, things start getting weird even if I have Logic closed.
It's possible it is CPU load, as that adds a few percent to the the CPU.

What if you close ALL apps? I know there's some browser that does odd things to midi.

Back
Top Bottom