Weird AX8 behavior

Wildwind

Experienced
I've been running Fractal gear for some years now and never encountered this.

I was planning on doing some major tweaking of lead tones today. Usually these are Scenes 3 and 4. Scenese 1 and 2 sound perfect. But when tweaking, I change an IR, and the tone gets much softer and very far away. Almost no definition. You can still hear the overdriven part of it. Switching IRs does not fix this. Creating a patch in a blank spot works, but as soon as I change the IR, the problem is back.

All levels of each block look fine. Bypassing blocks does not fix this.

I justr keep running into this over and over and am getting nowhere. I create a lead patch by itself and it sounds perfect. But I create that same tone as part of a Scene and my problem returns.

Sorry for the vague explanation, but it's the best I can do.

Any thoughts for me? I did restart the AX8. No difference. Initialize the unit and start over? How do you do that? Meanwhile I'll keep trying various things. Thanks for any advice you can offer. I will keep this up on my screen for the rest of the evening. No gig until the weekend, so no panic.

I just recalled a preset from my HD. It included the same lead amp I was using above. And it sounded fine. Until I changed the IR. Then it gets all far away and muffled again. Any IR does this.

FW reload? I'm running the most recent FW. But this is making me nuts. Maybe I'll try the reload, figure it can't hurt anything. I'm thinking my IRs got corrupted somehow. But I'm grabbing for straws.

FW install completed, no issues. And things are a bit better. I edited an existing patch, swapping out the Y amp and cab. It behaved as it should and sounds great. But I went to an earlier trouble patch and it's still messed up. i cleared that patch and started over. This time the farawy thing hit as soon as I changed amps. Never touched the IR this time. I did swap it out to the one I wanted (which was working fine on that first patch.

So I still have a problem. And I need your help. Thanks! i'll keep messing with it in the meantime.

FW install completed, no issues. And things are a bit better. I edited an existing patch, swapping out the Y amp and cab. It behaved as it should and sounds great. But I went to an earlier trouble patch and it's still messed up. i cleared that patch and started over. This time the farawy thing hit as soon as I changed amps. Never touched the IR this time. I did swap it out to the one I wanted (which was working fine on that first patch.

So I still have a problem. And I need your help. Thanks! i'll keep messing with it in the meantime.

Have you tried a system settings reset? This often solves weird output issues for me after a FW update.

Still wrestling with this. I got through practice using saved presets that behaved. But now I'm resuming my major tweaking and have run into my old problem. I am not finding a way to do this reset.

Hopefully someone will see this and lend a hand. I'd appreciate it!

Back
Top Bottom