Weatherproofing

You can add what’s called a “conformal coating” to waterproof the PCB, but I don’t know how to waterproof the switches or sockets. I’d imagine the displays could waterproofed with a properly applied layer of waterproof clear tape, but I’ve never tried it.

Can confirm that most touring acts carry Saran Wrap for use in the event of a downpour. It's already been mentioned, but leaving some ports open for ventilation is typically a good move.
Could see how this is possible, rather than try to run for cover when the skies open...simply wrap your FM9/board front to back, keeping side ports and bottom plate open. The FM9 ventilation ports are on the sides and bottom, so if these aren't covered, less chance of overheating.

The better solution, though, would be to play underneath some form of canopy. I don't think they make tents the correct size, unless you were playing a wedding or expensive outdoor gathering...sure, that's what I need. Can of peas. :rolleyes:

TBH, pedalboards just in general make me a bit nervous… most of stuff on them is neither beer-proof nor cheap.
Are you typically nervous when you go out in public? I'd guess that bringing your treasured gear to a gig would require some concern, though it may not require a lot to care for it. The Saran wrap might be enough protection against rain or other liquids; I'd just be cautious about allowing others near it while unwrapped...you don't want others modifying any of your settings, but should protect your gear, just like your band or audience might require protection from the hot sun or rain...

Back
Top Bottom