Weatherproofing

get a cheapo clear shower curtain and cut it up, or a giant ziplock bag (they sell them on amazon).
This could work for sure, but if theres a professional high quality solution id have no problem paying the money for it. You also have to be careful with the vents and fans ive been told so id rather just let a professional do it

I belong to a keyboard player group on Facebook and someone hipped the group to these covers made by Maloney Stage Gear - available on Amazon. They make different sizes but here's the floor pedal one, shown with a Helix under it.
Amazon product ASIN B07DWBDX3X
I could have used one of these when someone in an opening band spilled a beer while onstage which splashed on my FM9 a few months ago! Didn't occur to me that would happen at a nice theater venue... (we don't usually have openers.) I might get one to have handy at outdoor shows if there's rain in the forecast or for keeping sun off. I usually bring a tarp but this would be easy to deploy.

I belong to a keyboard player group on Facebook and someone hipped the group to these covers made by Maloney Stage Gear - available on Amazon. They make different sizes but here's the floor pedal one, shown with a Helix under it.
Amazon product ASIN B07DWBDX3X
I could have used one of these when someone in an opening band spilled a beer while onstage which splashed on my FM9 a few months ago! Didn't occur to me that would happen at a nice theater venue... (we don't usually have openers.) I might get one to have handy at outdoor shows if there's rain in the forecast or for keeping sun off. I usually bring a tarp but this would be easy to deploy.
That’s a pretty solid idea but the optimal thing would be protection from liquids and beer spills on stage while playing haha

Ah yes, I was just thinking about covering the top panel only.

Most recent email from the rep:

After looking at the unit online and your measurements, I can say that we may be able to pull something off. Though, to give our final input and cost we would need to inspect the unit itself. This is an unit that we do not work with every day.

Do you know how many covers you need for this model?”

Ah yes, I was just thinking about covering the top panel only.
I don’t think this is a bad idea! SARAN wrap…
I haven’t tested it but if you were worried about rain and beer….you could carry a roll and probably play through the wrap for the gig…maybe

Can confirm that most touring acts carry Saran Wrap for use in the event of a downpour. It's already been mentioned, but leaving some ports open for ventilation is typically a good move.

Back
Top Bottom