WE NEED PATIENTS...

1poorplayer

Power User
o_O Yes , doctors need patients.

And remember to Give Blood.
Wife and I went to a local blood drive today , and she had the times wrong. Nurses were packing up 10 minutes before they were supposed to , and we missed it. Needless to say , an hour drive to donate blood , then rejected - ain't easy.

Before I lost my composure , I tried to have PATIENCE with the women ; packing up the equipment to take blood , knowing they had been there for several hours , prior to my arrival.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the new III , and I've especially enjoyed the last few weeks around the forum. A lot of you guys are a blast. I've laughed hard at some of the stuff posted here. Real hard.
Overall - a great group.
I've also witnessed the wait list in the past , and I've seen guys get a little "over the top" , once shipping starts. Mob mentality kicks in and a few people start ranting about their wait list times. It got ugly , the Moderators stepped in , slashed a few tires , kicked a few kneecaps , and actually sent a few guys packing. FAS will do as they please. No one is entitled.

Members have had it good on the forum. First news of a wait list for the III was announced here. Continued updates for a release time. Questions about fresh firmware - answered before a manual can even be made.

I've spent so much time here on the forum ; myself , since the III was announced , my son grew an inch taller (15 yr old)
.....and I just noticed. Sad right ?

Join me - with a show of gratitude , and respect , by having PATIENCE while we wait , and support those who get their III - first !
( Remember , FAS undoubtedly wants everyone on the wait list to get a new unit as soon as they can. )

I've spent so much time here on the forum ; myself , since the III was announced , my son grew an inch taller (15 yr old)

These forums are generally so addictive and you don't really see it happening until something significant changes in your life and you wonder how you missed that. I'm guilty of the same, and have quit a lot of my social media as a result, but staying here because this is probably the only place I get any value online.

Totally agree with your post, we all need to keep this forum clean and at a healthy level of interaction between members, without coming here to stomp your foot.

I wish that the world would just go and read Dale Carnegie's book (title needs no mention I think).

Nice sentiment.

PS: Before you give blood, listen to this:
http://www.radiolab.org/story/308780-blood-banks/

Interesting story.
I started giving blood years ago , after a member of my family was hospitalized and needed blood to live. Without it , they'd have died.

It's ironic that the audio story itself if continually interrupted by Ads.
Money , it's a gas......

Oh , and I guess I need some "young blood". Any volunteers ?

Last edited:
o_O Yes , doctors need patients.

And remember to Give Blood.
Wife and I went to a local blood drive today , and she had the times wrong. Nurses were packing up 10 minutes before they were supposed to , and we missed it. Needless to say , an hour drive to donate blood , then rejected - ain't easy.

Before I lost my composure , I tried to have PATIENCE with the women ; packing up the equipment to take blood , knowing they had been there for several hours , prior to my arrival.

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on the new III , and I've especially enjoyed the last few weeks around the forum. A lot of you guys are a blast. I've laughed hard at some of the stuff posted here. Real hard.
Overall - a great group.
I've also witnessed the wait list in the past , and I've seen guys get a little "over the top" , once shipping starts. Mob mentality kicks in and a few people start ranting about their wait list times. It got ugly , the Moderators stepped in , slashed a few tires , kicked a few kneecaps , and actually sent a few guys packing. FAS will do as they please. No one is entitled.

Members have had it good on the forum. First news of a wait list for the III was announced here. Continued updates for a release time. Questions about fresh firmware - answered before a manual can even be made.

Join me - with a show of gratitude , and respect , by having PATIENCE while we wait , and support those who get their III - first !
( Remember , FAS undoubtedly wants everyone on the wait list to get a new unit as soon as they can. )
Looks like I missed some fireworks, lol. I haven't been checking in much lately because of life.

I won't go searching for what happened, instead, I just want to say I appreciate FAS and this forum. For the most part, this place is very civil. Members play a big role in that, but more so it's a reflection of the forum leadership & moderating. I briefly hosted a video game forum many years ago, and it's a thankless job.

When I logged on today, I saw the "rules reminder" message at the top. It's rare to see that here. In some of the automotive and gaming forums that I used to frequent, flaming, strife, and personal attacks were such a common part of life that they didn't even warrant leadership intervention, no matter how bad it got. We really do have it good at FAS forums.

I will be getting a III eventually, but with my music life recently placed on hiatus, I'm in no hurry. So for now, my name not being on the list is my small part of helping everybody else who would have come after me, to be one number closer to getting to the front of the queue. :D

blood-from-stone_orig.jpg

Back
Top Bottom