We Lost a Long Time Moderator?

How so? I prefaced with "I've often felt" and put a whole lot of "for me personally", "IMO" and the like just so it would be understood this is *my* perception. It was based on messages posted about previous firmware versions that came out. The introduction of the Gen II technology seemed to evoke a similar vein of response.

Besides, isn't our perception of Jay what this entire thread has centered around in the first place? Very few of us know the actual facts. Also, you treat this like I insulted him or made some personal attack. I have no problem with Jay, I'm only defending the position that not everything Jay said was actually helpful to others.

Sheesh.

No sheesh needed.

You said (Jay has said): "I can get any sound I want from my Axe-Fx Standard using firmware 3.15, and it's your problem if you can't."

Could you please find the thread where Jay stated that second part of your sentence?

He has stated multiple times that he is able to get the sounds he wants from the Standard (and thus has no need for the Ultra or II). I cannot recall he has said or implied anyone else should do so too. Please help correct me, if you will.

Last edited:
This thread hasn't spiraled out of control because we are watching it.

And if folks want to start getting into personal issues - as I've posted on this thread warning against - then I or another moderator will close and lock it.

And when he said that his same 1024 IRs were used on the Axe II, instead of the 2048 IRs which according to the Axe II propaganda "smoke" the Axe I

Was that the term used by FA? 'Smoke'? I thought that was a user-contrived expression. I know that term isn't used anywhere on the Axe II product page.

No sheesh needed.

You said (Jay has said): "I can get any sound I want from my Axe-Fx Standard using firmware 3.15, and it's your problem if you can't."

Could you please find the thread where Jay stated that second part of your sentence?

He has stated multiple times that he is able to get the sounds he wants from the Standard (and thus has no need for the Ultra or II). I cannot recall he has said or implied anyone else should do so too. Please help correct me, if you will.
Ahhh, I think I see the source of the problem: I left out the word "attitude" after my quote; I never said he said the second part, I said "I've often felt that Jay had a", and then stated what my impression of his thoughts/attitude were (and thus the quotes, they were to express a thought). Perhaps I should have used italics instead, lesson learned. Unfortunately, I never finished the sentence with the word "attitude," and that made it even more so seem like a direct quote. That was absolutely NOT my intention.

Anyway, you've basically just expressed exactly what I was originally trying to in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom