AFIII "We are the champions" 70s take

Rafa Diaz

Experienced
Hello community

Working on a video for G66 I have recorded another take of Queen with the Axe FX3

On this occasion I have changed the treble booster and I am used the Dallas Rangemaster approach @Burgs did with some personal small tweaks. I have used the Waza Chorus approximation to the CE1 that @2112 built that gives the 80s flavour for the Rhythm and I have used an approach to the Foxx Phaser to get that 70s Live Killers era tone on the lead, this phaser was kindly created for me after 500 clips I sent him of my vintage Foxx on Brian May mode by @guitarnerdswe and I am using the @York Audio 212 blue pack IR you can purchase from Fractal website.

Guitar used is a KZ RS Pro

Everything comes from the AXE FX, no external pedals used and no EQ applied on logic.

Hope you like it - Feedback is always welcomed

Cheers

Rafa

Last edited:
Sounds great, preset will be awesome!
Thanks, I will share it with G66 video in a couple of days and point out which IRs I am using as they are not stock ones so if anyone interested will need to purchase them from Fractal site or @York Audio - I will try to look for a Legacy or factory combination that sounds closer tho when i share the preset but I highly encourage people to buy Justin's packs, I am touring with them a year and something and makes a massive difference.

PS. I don't get any commission from Justin is just an honest and not interested feedback hahaha

QUOTE="Rafa Diaz, post: 1944951, member: 54996"]
Hello community

Working on a video for G66 I have recorded another take of Queen with the Axe FX3

On this occasion I have changed the treble booster and I am used the Dallas Rangemaster approach @Burgs did with some personal small tweaks. I have used the Waza Chorus approximation to the CE1 that @2112 built that gives the 80s flavour for the Rhythm and I have used an approach to the Foxx Phaser to get that 70s Live Killers era tone on the lead, this phaser was kindly created for me after 500 clips I sent him of my vintage Foxx on Brian May mode by @guitarnerdswe and I am using the @York Audio 212 blue pack IR you can purchase from Fractal website.

Guitar used is a KZ RS Pro

Everything comes from the AXE FX, no external pedals used and no EQ applied on logic.

Hope you like it - Feedback is always welcomed

Cheers

Rafa
[/QUOTE]
Nice work!

Did that video and preset ever come about? I'm working on a preset for the FM3. I feel the 086 Class-A Hot does a very good job of the modded AC30s (May's ACs have several mods that make them hotter than standard) also factory cabs get a long way toward a very passable May tone. Legacy 93 and 94 work, so do Factory1 835 with 845, even Legacy 182 on its own works. That said, I don't have a Red Special, just my strat and duesenberg.

I think I have a passable Foxx phaser but I'm not sure about the chorus. All the demo's I find are choppy playing that doesn't really show the warble. Those demonstrators just need to let a chord ring out if they want to show the effect...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom