We all have our favorites, so...

Are there amps in the FM3, FM9, or Axe FX III you have never played for more than 30 minutes?

• Yes

Votes: 39 97.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
yes... but that is only because of how many amps there are. the axe fx is a lot like my guitar collection... about every 3 months I pick up one I haven't played much lately and it becomes my fav for a while. iow sometimes I pick a preset and fall in love with an amp model that I never really played much before. I've had the axe since 2019ish... so I figure I'll run out of favs somewhere in... carry the one... 'the thirty third of neverember, year twenty eleventy'.

There are probably at least 30 modeled amps I haven't even played for one minute. I'm not talking 30 models out of the 297 in the amp models list, I'm talking at least 30 of the 129 actual amps, the ones in parentheses in the Wiki, that were modeled.

I haven't touched hardly any of the high gain amps. However, I try to take a spin through the presets every now and then to see if I can find new effects to use.
Same here. That's how I discovered the Swart Atomic Space Tone; it's titled Nuclear Tone in the presets--I previously assumed it would be some high gain metal amp and it's completely not.

When I had my Axe Fx II I tried every one. With the FM3, no. I know which amps I like already and only try out something that wasn't in the Axe Fx II, like the new Buttery amp.

I have my main preset which is an HBE and I don’t venture to much off of that. I will once in awhile try something else but always go back to the HBE. I’m a high gain player and it fits my needs.

Back
Top Bottom