WDW

Mongillo19

Inspired
I've tried searching here and Yek's guide but no luck. If it's been asked feel free to link the thread and I'll delete! I have 2 studio monitors and power amp/cab. Would I just use output 1 to the power amp and output 2 to my monitors. Dry signal to the cab and then effects cab sim to the studio monitors? I feel like I'm oversimplifying it but maybe not?

That is the way i do it as well. My Output 1 to monitors left and right, dry signal to output 2 which feeds my powered cab , but same result as you, and it seems fine

i know you can get more complex chain ( have a reverb in left and delay in right, etc ) but I haven’t done that.

My set up , I always have three speakers connected, regardless of W/DW , just sounds full and my center happens to be a firehawk 1500 ( thru the back with no effects ) and just changing the one output to branch off directly from the cab turns the middle signal dry , while the other monitors left and right on output one, has all the time based effects. So in my book, that is W/D/W .. But i am no expert, this seems to work and make sense though.

I have seen some with Sends and returns, but i dont need to get that complex. I think there are W/D/W Presets on AxChange ?

I think what you described is the way to do it. That sort of setup is complicated to do with traditional amplifiers but the FAS ecosystem makes just as simple as you described.

Here’s a thread I made not too long ago about WDW grid setup and routing:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/clean-capable-w-d-w-foh-grid-routing-idea.183177/

There’s a couple of patch downloads too. Use output 2 for the dry cab and output 3 for the wet cabs. For your setup to work with the patches I made, move the Cab block to be in front of output 3 and you’re there. Of course you can move whatever output blocks wherever you want obviously, but that’s just how I’d recommend doing it.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom