Way to unmute and mute channels in Cab block other than scenes?

greiswig

Power User
I tend to use some kitchen sink presets for live gigs, which means I've got two amp blocks used, and therefore 8 potentially unique amps. It'd be great to pair each amp up with its own IR.

But two cab blocks really taps the CPU capacity.

Most of the time, I'm using 1 or maybe 2 IR's per channel at a time in the cabinet block. Those muted IR columns look like untapped capacity to me. Is there a way that I don't know of to go from one scene to the next and have the same cab block channel mute and unmute designated IR's?

It's not really untapped? If you unmute the other slots, CPU will increase. Though not as much as a second Cab block.

However, you could use panning in the Amp block channels to access specific IRs (or pairs of IRs) that are active and waiting in specific Stereo Cab block channels.

Each Cab block channel could give you potentially two possible choices of one or two IRs. You have two 'Left' IRs and two 'Right' IRs available. An amp block channel panned hard left will only access the (one or two) 'Left' IRs. Same for panning hard right. You can pan the IR outputs in the center, or even pan any pairs to any degree of stereo.

Last edited:
You could try using one or two IRP blocks to replace one or both CAB blocks which might save CPU.

It's not really untapped? If you unmute the other slots, CPU will increase. Though not as much as a second Cab block.

However, you could use panning in the Amp block channels to access specific IRs (or pairs of IRs) that are active and waiting in specific Stereo Cab block channels.

Each Cab block channel could give you potentially two possible choices of one or two IRs. You have two 'Left' IRs and two 'Right' IRs available. An amp block channel panned hard left will only access the (one or two) 'Left' IRs. Same for panning hard right. You can pan the IR outputs in the center, or even pan any pairs to any degree of stereo.

Just tried this. It actually works pretty well! Panned hard left and right, you have to bump the output level by 6-7dB to be equivalent to it centered, but it does what I wanted. Thanks,@Moke !

I could see why we didn't want modifiers on CAB Mute state before, when there was an issue where loud audio pops would happen muting and unmuting cabs during playback, but that got fixed a few firmwares ago so it might be viable now.

I could see why we didn't want modifiers on CAB Mute state before, when there was an issue where loud audio pops would happen muting and unmuting cabs during playback, but that got fixed a few firmwares ago so it might be viable now.
I put something up on the wish list. Thanks, all.

Maybe we should have a wish for that... Cliff's been good about adding them recently
I could see me using that. Might make it unnecessary to switch Cab channels (and avoid the small gap?) in some situations?

But I am for opening everything that is safe to modifiers!

I could see me using that. Might make it unnecessary to switch Cab channels (and avoid the small gap?) in some situations?

But I am for opening everything that is safe to modifiers!

I had a similar issue tonight...I thought if I muted cabs that the scene would remember it.

Now I'm switching "channels" but are all of those active or not? Mute cab would be much easier

I had a similar issue tonight...I thought if I muted cabs that the scene would remember it.

Now I'm switching "channels" but are all of those active or not? Mute cab would be much easier

Scenes remember which which blocks are enabled or bypassed, and which channel they're on. Everything else is global, so which cabs are muted are fixed for that channel across your preset.

Back
Top Bottom