WAV sweep to IR?

rp911

Inspired
Forgive the potentially stupid newbie question, but I have a 24-bit WAV file that was a sweep recorded off an old cabinet of mine that I'd like to have converted to a usable IR. I'm currently using an AX8 and no longer have a rack AxeFX unit. Is there a way to do this easily on a Mac, or would someone be kind enough to process it? I can be reached at rp911 at yahoo.com

Thanks, Ian ... gave that a shot but doesn't seem to work with just raw WAV recordings of the sweep.

You could shoot an IR with the Tonematch block. What you need is the original sweep, which serves as the original and the miced sweep. Do you have the original file? For this you'd have to change the input to "usb" so the sounds are as pure as possible.

I'm not sure if they need to be in phase. Maybe not, because that can be corrected afterwards. But if they are as in phase as possible, you'll get the best results.

I could give it a try, sounds like something interesting to do this evening ;)

What he as isn't an IR stored as a wav file, he has a recording of a sweep going through a guitar cab and a microphone!

edit: Although, importing this wav file as an IR might produce some weirdly interesting tune :cool:

Exactly ... and I don't have an AxeFX, just the AX8, so no tonematch handy. Anyone willing to try? I can be emailed at rp911@yahoo.com or via DM and happy to send the sweep files. Thanks!

You will need the raw recording of the sweep that you sent to your amplifier AND the sweep of your cab. You can then use a program such as Voxengo Deconvolver or REW to deconvolve, IOW creating an impulse.

Should be!
This was my issue of why I couldn't see Axe FX III in Cab-Lab 3..
Had to download from Fractal Store again... with update software... All is good now.
So if you see:
Cab-Lab 3.4 Mac Auto Update Download Error
That is how to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom