Watching the feed from NAMM - Van Halen 1978 performed at Melbourne Guitar Show 2019 - SIMON HOSFORD

I just watched the whole thing; haven't listened to that album all the way through for years. I am somewhat in awe of the guitarist; such a pleasure to watch someone make something that is really hard look effortless and easy.

Great guitarist indeed. He nailed the licks and the tone, and he makes it look effortless. It's also kind of amusing seeing a gray-haired lounge singer pulling off David Lee Roth vocals, too.

Great guitarist indeed. He nailed the licks and the tone, and he makes it look effortless. It's also kind of amusing seeing a gray-haired lounge singer pulling off David Lee Roth vocals, too.
Have you seen DLR lately? Although he hasn't really been pulling the vox off...

I see the guitarist is using a Kemper, a DV Little 40 with a DV cab, and a Warsha (Marshall clone) with a Marshall 4x12 cab. Great guitarist. The only thing missing with this band is the intense physical stage presence that David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen both had onstage. They nailed the music and vocals. Very impressive.

Damn - I've watched thru Ain't Talking 'Bout Love. Impressive!

The one thing I found missing are the DLR "screeches" and other vocalizations, but that's a minor complaint.

Killer band! Guitarist has Eddie nailed for sure!!!

Here's what he said in the YouTube comments:

"Im using the Kemper as a pre-amp, and running it into the old Superlead Power section at the back, and then into a vintage Marshall Cab. The Plexi I've had modded to sound great on its own, but because we were playing "the album", the Kemper gave me the flexibility to have different gain structures and reverbs to match each song more closely. On the floor I'm just using a Strymon tape delay, and a MXR phase 90. I ran it "dry/wet" on the day, so that the Plexi & Marshall cab are bone dry unless I turn the delay on, and the other rig you see there is just doing 100% wet reverbs."

Incredible; thanks for posting. I was almost laughing at how good this sounded and how accurately and effortlessly the guitarist played everything. Wonderful stuff!

That was great.....so many cover bands out there that make attempts at this. The music was such a wow factor here....immediately stood out for me as the playing and tones sounded great. Nice!

Back
Top Bottom